W0IPL

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w0ipl

K8CPA

Post by w0ipl »

Since there has been a lot posted that was not as accurate as most would hope, let me make one post to help with clarity.

Let me also say that I received notice about this "discussion" from someone that I do not even know and he suggested that having information from both sides might help clear the air. - Thanks Mike!

I send a Postal Money order the morning after the auction closed, to assure that Chuck got cash in the only reasonable way (put it in an envelope and if there is any problem, neither of us is happy).

Chuck sent an E-mail acknowledging receipt on the following Monday and added that he would "start looking for the stuff". HUH? An eBay seller that doesn't know where the item is? Oh well. About twenty minutes later (per the E-mail time stamp) a second E-mail that said "It must be your lucky day. I found everything. I'll ship it today. WAY COOL! Can't ask for more. Half hour later (once again from the E-mail time stamp) I get another E-mail that says "Sorry, didn't get there before they closed. I'll ship it tomorrow." Once again Cool.

The next afternoon I sent an E-mail and said "Chuck, where are we at? Did you get the TNC sent? As an aside here - the item is an AEA PK-900 with cables and manual. Selling price $175. Chuck asked for $10 to ship it. I checked with my local Post Office and got a quote of $12 and change to ship priority mail. I sent a Postal Money Order in the amount of $188 and asked for priority mail. - back to the discussion.

Chuck called me on the phone and said that he had not been able to ship the TNC on Tuesday and that it could take four or five days more. I replied "No, either ship it tomorrow or send me back my money order." Please notice neither profanity nor yelling. Chuck's reply was "Oh." and he hung up.

The next day I got an E-mail from chuck saying that he had sent the money order back. A second E-mail provided a tracking number. Cool.

The day after that I got some "strongly worded" communication from eBay wanting to know what happened. I checked at the eBay site and found that I have a "less than optimal" rating from Chuck with eBay. I supplied eBay with ALL of the E-mails exchanged and related my opinion.

I will say here that in my opinion, any eBay seller that doesn't have the item(s) in hand should probably spend some time getting ready - prior to the close of auction. I guess that makes me mean and nasty. :shock:

Oh well. With all of this, the only thing that disturbes me is that I now have a bad rating with eBay and they now want me to either pay them $5 or register with my credit card to be able to bid again.... Ain't gonna happen.

C Ya
Pat Lambert, W0IPL
wa4cch

k8cpa

Post by wa4cch »

Well Pat
I think we all had figured out that it wasn't you and it's a shame that you have to pay the the price ...... that,s one of the things wrong with e-pay if someone gives you bad feedback you are guilty and they don't take into account that you might be dealing with some lying wacko :roll:
thanks for the REST OF THE STORY

73 chuck /wa4cch
N5KBP

Power cord

Post by N5KBP »

Thanks Pat for confirming what we all already knew about Chuck. Inquiring minds want to know. Did you get your $ back?

You all have to agree this has been in interesting respite from the missing power cord saga :lol:

Now back to your normally schedule BS drivel. :P

Marty
N5KBP
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

w0ipl wrote:Oh well. With all of this, the only thing that disturbes me is that I now have a bad rating with eBay and they now want me to either pay them $5 or register with my credit card to be able to bid again.... Ain't gonna happen.
Hi Pat. Well, if you aren't going to use eBay to buy and sell ham equipment, I heard of this other web site... http://swap.qth.com .... you might check it out. :D

73 - Scott KA9FOX
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
w4amp

Post by w4amp »

Friends, don't let friends use Ebay.
w0ipl

Post by w0ipl »

> Did you get your $ back?

Yes I did. Chuck was very good about that. :D

C Ya
Pat
k8cpa

Post by k8cpa »

w0ipl wrote:> Did you get your $ back?

Yes I did. Chuck was very good about that. :D

C Ya
Pat

Yeah, He got his money back. But I still wouldn't deal with him. by the way, The PK-900 is Still for sale. But W0IPL sure ain't gonna get it.

K8CPA

-Chuck
-Chuck Adkins K8CPA
Blog: http://www.k8cpa.com
Other Political Blog: Http://www.thoughtsandrantings.com
w0ipl

Post by w0ipl »

Thanks Chuck 8) The feeling is mutual.

By the way, I got an excellent PK-900 for $40 less a week later. :D

Pat
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Break 19 for a radio check?
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
w5zzq

What??

Post by w5zzq »

N4ATS wrote:Break 19 for a radio check?

WHAT?????
N4ATS

Post by N4ATS »

Sometimes you have to inject something way off in left field to break up the conversation so it can rest... It's like the guys that type with the "Caps Lock" button on, you can tell they are stressed out and need a rest. Keyboards have no emotions....
73's from:
N4ATS
18.133 Mhz.
www.n4ats.com
vk2uw

Re Parcel

Post by vk2uw »

Can't you organise a courier to pick up the parcel from work? during your working hours.

Also just wondering if he has a wife or maybe children that would be home during the day or at home sometime during working hours for the item to be picked up?

Also you said that you sent a postal money order: He would have had to go to the Post office to cash that? so why not post the parcel at the same time.
Chris Wright
VK2UW
WR0T-1

Subject Forget It

Post by WR0T-1 »

This is not really worth my time to comment on. But please let this one die.
w0ipl

Re: Subject Forget It

Post by w0ipl »

WR0T-1 wrote:This is not really worth my time to comment on. But please let this one die.
Two things: If it is not worth your time then why did you expend that time?

Second: Chuck continues to do his best to make things nasty for me. Even to the point of changing his eBay userid so he could leave another nasty-gram (eBay caught it and combined both).

It is amazing :shock: Got a good PK-900 with no problem and then found a DSP-2232 that is beautiful. Both transactions were clean, and were very well handled. I am now waiting (sixteen days) for another DSP-2232 that the seller has not shipped (doesn't that sound familiar?) :( This one I filed a complaint with eBay on.

I now agree that friends do NOT let friends buy on eBay.

C Ya
Pat
WR0T-1

Comment

Post by WR0T-1 »

Pat, what part of "let it die" don't you understand??

This one of the most nothing drawn out threads I have seen. It sure says a lot for ham radio today. What a waste of bandwidth.

Why look ??? Because this is the funnest place since the old time comic strips in the paper...............

This is one of the reasons that I quit buying and selling radio gear. I also quit all of the reflectors. The worst was the Collins reflector.

Threads would go on for days and days about useless things. Will a 20 amp non Collins part work in my KWM2A??

How can I make sure if the cabint has the proper patina.

Purely usless. Who cares?????

Another waste....
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
w8jn

bad attitude seller

Post by w8jn »

i buy something from you. i send you the money promptly, i expect you to do the same. i don't care about your job, your busy life etc etc etc. if you are unable to take care of business in a timely fashion, your ebay auction should have stated, "I AM A VERY BUSY PERSON, YOU WILL SEND ME A CHECK INSTANTLY AND IN RETURN FOR YOUR PROMPT ATTENTION, I WILL BE SLOWER THAN TURTLE POOP , GIVE YOU LOTS OF EXCUSES ABOUT MY BUSY LIFE AND THEN CALL YOU AND POST NASTY THINGS ABOUT YOU ON QTH.COM".
NEXT TIME YOU BUY A CAR, GO INTO A RESTAURANT or pay for anything up front, you can expect to sit for a couple of weeks while the sales people tell you about their busy life, family etc, and you will obviously be a very patient understanding person.
wow what a knucklehead!!!!!!!
Last edited by w8jn on Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WR0T-1

Buy & Ship

Post by WR0T-1 »

Best thing to do is, say away from Ebay,,,,,,,, :o :o :o :o :o
K4ICL

Hmmmmm

Post by K4ICL »

So, needless to say, If I ever list another ebay item, it's gonna be PAYPAL ONLY!
You have not experienced REAL trouble until you get crossed up with PayPal. Check it out. (Really read their conditions of service documentation!)

Another problem with a PayPal Only policy: You cut the number of potential buyers by 50 percent or more.

Secure payment methods include: Western Union, USPS Money Order, Bank Money Order, Cashiers Check and Cash (for small purchases.)