KB9WLF I paid for item but no response

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
n8rt

KB9WLF I paid for item but no response

Post by n8rt »

Earlier today Feb 12, I paid KB9WLF FOR AN MFJ 949e TUNER he emailed me quickly and asked me to use PAY PAL FRIENDS/FAMILY. But before sending the pay pal I checked kb9wlf QTH feedback forum, and saw one old positive report, so I sent the PayPal .
Later today I then emailed him 3 or 4 times asking if he received payment OK, he no longer responds to my emails? ?
KB9WLF CURRENTLY HAS SEVERAL ITEMS LISTED ON QTH.com.
Anyone else having issues with KB9WLF??
kb9wlf is using pay pal email address mishka25 at frontiernet.net
Rob N8RT
AB3IY

Re: KB9WLF I paid for item but no response

Post by AB3IY »

-----------
Right off of this website -
TIP #1: Do NOT send PayPal payments as a "Personal" or "Friends or Family" payment. While it avoids fees for the seller, it offers you, the buyer, NO PROTECTION! Do NOT do it!! Avoid payment methods that offer no protection.
N4URW

Post by N4URW »

I totally agree. If someone ask me to send funds via friends and family, this is a red flag. Now if he gives me the option to send friends or family or I pay the fee for the protection, it depends how much I really want that item. It's kind of like a insurance. But if he refuses, then I would shy away from that deal. So many scams out there. You have to do your research and investigation before sending anyone any money. I've been burned before and it's no fun. Check feedback on QRZ and QTH, check to see when the last time the seller changed his profile in QRZ.
Joel McDonald, MSgt, USAF Retired
N4URW, Palm Bay FL
kk9a

Post by kk9a »

PayPal protection works very well if you use the "paying for goods or services" option and is well worth the 2.9% however you just sent money to a friend or family member. I am surprised at the number of ads on QTH that request friends and family payment. Some QTH ads request a surcharge for using PayPal which is against PayPal's policy.

GL,
John
n8rt

Post by n8rt »

KB9WLF, had some issues with his EMAIL and I did receive the ITEM in good working condition. ALLS WELL THAT ENDS WELL.
ROB N8RT