Look out for some one using K0ZL Alexander B Carey Call to scam.

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
AC4VM

Look out for some one using K0ZL Alexander B Carey Call to scam.

Post by AC4VM »

I have a WTB: KX3 on the list and have had a person from Africa using K0ZL Alexander B Carey call sign with a gmail account using his full name, AlexanderBCarey@gmail.com His response was fishy from the start so I jerked his chain for about three days and then called his bluff. The African got pissed, LOL. If anyone knows K0ZL Alexander B Carey in Oklahoma they need to let him know someone is using his call and name with a gmail account. K0ZL doesn't have a email listed on his QRZ page and that's what scammers look for when trying to use someone else call to scam hams.

Rick
AC4VM
w0bkr

Re: Look out for some one using K0ZL Alexander B Carey Call to scam.

Post by w0bkr »

Bill LEAHY, K0ZL passed away yesterday from an industrial accident at the Miller Coors brewing plant in Golden, CO. According to Miller Coors, employees discovered his death at 9 PM last night. Bill had been with Miller Coors for over 30 years.

Bill had been a ham since he was a boy and loved the hobby. He and his wife formed B&B Technical services in 1982. Bill was one of the premiere repair services for Kenwood as well as other radios. He specialized in restoring older ham gear and in many instances added special modifications to improve popular models. In his repair business he was always fair and timely in producing A+ repair service.

In 2007 B&B Technical services was chosen to be the USA reprehensive for the Expert SPE line of solid state linears.

No arrangements as of yet have been made for Bill service and internment. Bill will be deeply missed by all in the ham radio community. He is survived by his wife, Bonnie KB0HTC.

Our hearts and prayers go out to his family.

Would recommend emailing his surviving spouse. kb0htc@churches.net
AC4VM

Post by AC4VM »

Bill LEAHY, K0ZL SK call sign has been picked up as a vanity call by a ham in Oklahoma. K0ZL is now assigned to Alexander B Cary in Oklahoma and his QRZ listing has no email, that's the calls that scammers look to use. So if anyone knows this ham Alexander B Cary (K0ZL) in Oklahoma they need to let him know that a scammer is using his call. One way to avoid a scammer using your call is to list your email in your QRZ.com profile.
73 de Rick
N2ZD

Post by N2ZD »

As soon as I saw the call, I knew this was a scam. I’ve known Bill quite some time as he ran a few groups years back and sadly he was killed in a tragic accident. A great guy and someone had to come along and sully his call sign.
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

received one also but thanks for your post, I caught it. Didn't sound right out of the gate.