Gary Cock W3PA(imposter) Scammer!

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
kb0sfp

Gary Cock W3PA(imposter) Scammer!

Post by kb0sfp »

He just tried the money order scam with me. When he asked for my information I told him it was all current on QRZ. He said he didnt have time to check QRZ, but I DID! He stole the call, and his ISP is located in another state.

Dennis
KB0SFP
kf8am

Re: Gary Cock W3PA(imposter) Scammer!

Post by kf8am »

had the same scam tryed on me today reported it to w3pa.. the guy even gave me a number 1-405-544-0859 looked it up it listed a robo caller number..
its probley the same guy trying to send you crop cashier checks and he will arrange for his own shipping pickup. never do that.. your out big time!!
K4yhe

Re: Gary Cock W3PA(imposter) Scammer!

Post by K4yhe »

I had dealings with "Gary" with the same scenario. I asked for call sign and he gave me W3PA and I too emailed Olaf and he had not responded to my ad. His English was not very good and it's apparently that it is not his first language. I don't know who this guy is but he needs another profession as a scammer he is not very good.