Scammer claiming to be N2AAN Paul Gordon

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
N2OWD

Scammer claiming to be N2AAN Paul Gordon

Post by N2OWD »

Another scammer, and another reason to never use PayPal Friends & Family (don't worry, I don't! Which is why I got my money back!).

For the record, I was able to contact the real Paul Gordon N2AAN, and confirmed this was NOT HIM.

Scammer Email address used: pauln2aan@gmail.com (license shows a NY address)
Scammer PayPal address used: Djksr072958@yahoo.com (google it, shows a different person in PA)
Tracking number showed package originating from Millington, TN

Seller contacted me directly about an item he had for sale that I had expressed interest in. Initial contact and back/forth seemed to check out. I sent my address and asked for PayPal address to use, received a different email address (which is not uncommon, I've done lots of transactions that way). I sent the money via regular PayPal (NOT F&F), and waited for a tracking number. After a few hours, something was nagging me, so I searched the PayPal email, it came back to someone else (with an interesting lookup) residing in PA (seller's license data showed NY). I received the tracking number later in the day. When I checked the number, it showed the packaged originating out of TN. Full alert now. Down to the Post Office I go, asked for them to verify if the destination address of the tracking number matched my license. Surprisingly, it did not, they confirmed it was going elsewhere. Emails sent back to the seller, no response. Open a resolution ticket in PayPal, kind of a "let me put this on record now, just in case ... " type. Overnight, I get an response back from the seller, saying he sent me the wrong tracking number and would send the correct one. A few hours later, I magically get a refund from the seller's account. Who is shocked that no other tracking number ever came? :)