Beware of buying from W3TSB (formerly KB3SQW) Todd Burnham

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
NB9M

Beware of buying from W3TSB (formerly KB3SQW) Todd Burnham

Post by NB9M »

*** 8/11/2019 Update: a quick check reveals the power transformer had smoked long ago. I'm still out $105. ***

I've learned my lessons: check the forum before buying, and do not use the "Friends and Family" PayPal feature.

On June 16, 2019 I paid $105 via PayPal's "Friends and Family" - as the seller requested for a Swan Swan 117XC power supply. What followed was the stuff of nightmares. For example:

>> No it's yours I had family issues and it was shipped usps. I'll have tracking tomorrow. Todd (Sunday, July 7, 2019 5:37 PM)
>> My daughter did I had some issues. You should have it in hand tyesday. (Sunday, July 7, 2019 6:09 PM)
>> Yes you have it usps sent (Wed 7/17/2019 7:38 AM)
>> I did ship it out last week and updated the PayPal with tracking . Todd (7/29/2019 1:05 PM)

There were several unanswered emails. I never received any tracking information. I made it clear that I will use every avenue at my disposal to recover my loss (even if it costs me far more, trips to Pennsylvania, etc.) Zero tolerance. I was ready to lock horns with the PA Attorney General, civil suit, etc. and I think this knuckle-dragger knew I meant it.

I finally received the item, poorly packed in a simple USPS Priority box, 8/5/2019.

In addition to being a liar, this loser appears to be unable to write coherently, using complete sentences with punctuation, which from now on I'll pay attention to. Never, ever again.