N5IZ Buyer Beware

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w7ute

N5IZ Buyer Beware

Post by w7ute »

N5IZ Ray Bad deal! Ray posted an ad for a 7600 Like New in box with mic manual dc power cord Works Great Looks Great. We talked and agreed to
$1365 shipped. Received it to day and I was Surprised! It was in the Icom Factory inter Box only in the wrong direction so the feet didn't fit in indentations. Loose! VFO know smashed into the accy box. I pulled it out to discover the rear feet were missing and loose in the box plus one side foot
from the side panel. The cabinet was scratch and several scrapes/missing paint and the top cabinet the paint was faded in places.The miracle was
it works. I talked with Ray and He said it looked new to him. It also came with a HM-219 mic the the std HM-36. I'm not sure how well he can see.And on the phone I ask for $100 to help recover parts. He was indifferent. I actual felt sorry for him as he is much older that me. So Buyer Beware and ask
a lot of questions. His previous reviews were good and I felt good until the 7600 arrived today! :(

Wade w7ute
Update! I returned the 7600 and Ray/ PayPal refunded my money. I paid shipping to return it. Ray's sight or grading system was off the scale. He still
contends it's in new shape. The damage was as I described and was from poor packing. Ray said it was Fedex, but not so sure. I'm happy now and have
learned from the experience. PayPal stands up for the buyer if the item is not as described and is returned to the seller in same condition.
Ray Ad on QTH said: "LIKE NEW IN BOX WITH MIC MANUAL DC CORD WORKS GREAT AND LOOKS GREAT". His pic was blurry. Not even close! Wade w7ute
Last edited by w7ute on Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
N5IZ

Re: N5IZ Buyer Beware

Post by N5IZ »

Wade we got it all settle i did refund your money i have not got radio back as you can see by my feedbacks i do not deal that way ray n5iz
N5IZ

Post by N5IZ »

I THINK FEDEX HANDLE IT A LITTLE ROUGH MY THOUGHTS
N5IZ

Post by N5IZ »

i got radio back and just the 2 hind feet was off rest of radio is fine..ray n5iz
N5IZ

Post by N5IZ »

ordered feet from icom now radio look and work great..$3.60 with shipping .ray n5iz
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Glad you used PP Wade.....avoided a disaster...smart move.
N5IZ

Post by N5IZ »

well he got money and if you read rest of my feedbacks you see i do not cheat anyone...stuff i sell is as i say it is...ray n5iz