AA1CN

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Doozie

AA1CN

Post by Doozie »

Beware of dealing with AA1CN John P. Theriault
25 Third Ave
Fort Kent, ME 04743

On 8-20-18 I sent him $2400,00 for an Icom PW1 that was advertised on this site He has still got my money and PW1 and also has quit communicating with me. Paypal says all is well. Just BEWARE of AA1CN.
W4AJF

Re: AA1CN

Post by W4AJF »

Hi, being that he has no e-mail address posted on QRZ there is a good chance you may not have even sent the money to who you think you did. I always google before I pay anybody anything. A quick google showed Johns phone number to be 207-834-5765, is that the number you used?

Adam Farber W4AJF
Cooper City, FL
Doozie

Post by Doozie »

His e-mail was posted at the time in question. That was how I contacted him about buying amplifier. sellmotobikes@aol.com is what he was using. The e-mail for Paypal was different and valid as far Paypal was concerned. The red flag NOW is the Paypal account is a business account for a "Cadena Construction" in New York. Didn't learn this, however, until I hit the send button. Paypal has no un-do feature.
W4AJF

Post by W4AJF »

Hi, it's simple now, just file with Paypal unless you paid him as "friends and family " which is the biggest red flag of a scammer so hopefully you did not do that so you can still file NOW and get your money back.

Adam W4AJF
Doozie

Post by Doozie »

Yeah, he insisted on friends and family. Shudda knowd better. The whole point is warning the community about this butthole. Don't be misled by a 74 yr old "EXTRA" class. They can scam you too.