N9NOS - Bad Experience

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ak4ic

N9NOS - Bad Experience

Post by ak4ic »

On Friday night, I sent an email to N9NOS about an item he had posted for sale.

On Saturday morning we reached an agreement by email on the item he had provided payment details.
The agreed upon price was less than his original asking price.
His preferred payment method was a check by mail. I assumed this was to avoid PayPal fees since he was not getting his full asking price.

The next communication from him was about 24 hours later on Sunday morning when he sent an email saying he had sold the item to someone else.

In the emails that followed he never confirmed that he sold the item for more than our agreement, but he never denied it either.

His defense is that I never confirmed the transaction so he didn't know we had a deal. As a result, he assumed he was free to sell the radio to someone else.
Interestingly, he never asked for additional confirmation and he never indicated in any email that there was a question about the finality of our agreement.
He simply sold the item to someone else and told me after the fact.

Here is the email exchange - note I accepted his offer and he never again asked for confirmation or indicated there was ever a question about the finality of the deal.

11/3/2017 10:55 PM

Gene,
Do you still have the TH-D72 for sale?
Would you consider $200 for the radio?
Thanks and 73,
David
ak4ic

-----------
11/3/2017 10:56 P

David
$200.00 plus shipping

-----------
11/4/2017 11:08 AM

Ok.
Just let me know shipping costs and your preferred payment method.

------------
11/4/2017 11:17 AM

Will ship it fed ex $20.00
You can mail Check to my
Address good on QRZ

Gene Pincus
325 E.Fox Hill Dr
Buffalo Grove IL 60089

(847)877-5501

Thank you

------------
11/4/2017 11:10 AM

I hit the 'send button before saying 'Thanks'

------------
11/4/2017 11:18 AM

Not a problem
If you want to use Paypal
You can also do that
Gpinos@aol.com

------------
11/5/2017 11:39 AM

Never received response or Paypal payment from you
Radio has been sold
Thank you
WA1KBQ

Re: N9NOS - Flawless Experience

Post by WA1KBQ »

I purchased a radio from Gene recently, the transaction was very professional and my experience was flawless. The radio was exactly as Gene said it was and he did a good job packing it up for safety.

73, Greg
WA1KBQ
W4PIG

Re: N9NOS - Bad Experience

Post by W4PIG »

GENE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A EXCELLENT HAM TO TRADE WITH NEVER NO PROBLEMS BUT IF I HAD ANY HE WAS ALWAYS VERY HELPFUL JUST PUTTING MY 2 CENTS WORTH 73 :D :D :D :D :D
n4eev

Re: N9NOS - Bad Experience

Post by n4eev »

I purchased from Gene, N9NOS and had nothing but a great experience. I would recommend him to anyone without hesitation.

73 Mike N4EEV