k9dtc

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
WD9BGA

k9dtc

Post by WD9BGA »

Exercise caution dealing with Dan. I would recommend only paying via Paypal for your protection. I purchased an Icom ID-5100A from Dan, advertised "This radio is like new comes with everything including the optional mobile bracket." When the radio arrived it was missing the CD. I then tested the radio and the touch screen had issues with the "back" button not functioning properly, among other things. The GPS was also giving erroneous readings. I have an identical unit, which was set up in the same location, using the same antenna, that I used when testing the radio sold by Dan so I know the problems were with Dan's unit, not operator error. I did no further testing of the radio as these were enough "problems" already for a radio advertised as "like new". Dan was very responsive to my e-mails when I was asking questions before buying the rig, but this changed when I requested a refund. Replies became slow to non-existent. Fortunately I had paid via paypal. I requested that Dan split the return shipping cost. He never replied to this query/request, nor did he follow through. Luckily, due to Paypal, all I lost was the return shipping costs. I see that Dan has immediately reposted the radio for sale (now mentioning that it does not include the CD) but states nothing about the problems I encountered with it. Before posting this feedback, I gave Dan a chance and e-mailed him regarding the posting. He stated he that he "found nothing wrong" with the radio. My experience. Karl Heil WD9BGA
k9dtc

Re: k9dtc

Post by k9dtc »

Got it the radio back it worked perfect!!! Just like it was when I sent it. He wanted his money back and he got it what else can a person do especially when nothing was wrong? Everything on the CD is available from Icom online so to point this out is ridiculous.
kb9cri

Post by kb9cri »

k9dtc wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:30 pm Got it the radio back it worked perfect!!! Just like it was when I sent it. He wanted his money back and he got it what else can a person do especially when nothing was wrong? Everything on the CD is available from Icom online so to point this out is ridiculous.
After reading this post about Karl wd9bga. I now know he is a scam artist like w9big said.
And that other guy n9cm that put his 2 cents in, Check out all the bad post he has.
73s Kevin kb9cri
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

my trades and dealing with dan had always been excellent my 2 cents worth 73 :D :D
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Have no idea what the hell you are referring to...I don't have bad posts because I have never screwed anyone...get a grip.
n9rg

Post by n9rg »

Dan is a great guy to deal with but as to n9cm he says he don't screw anyone but never got screwed either by me or probably anyone