Beware WA6IKE Gary Wayne Talent...!!!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ke8ahf

Beware WA6IKE Gary Wayne Talent...!!!

Post by ke8ahf »

Just Beware of Gary Wayne Talent...WA6IKE....he ripped me off for an Heathkit SB200.....Listed as Clean...built by Heathkit....and working good....all lies.....it arrived loosely packed with only crushed newspaper for protection...in a lightweight cardboard box...nothing to protect the tubes..the tubes shook loose from the trip and were broken...the amp was disgustingly dirty...not even wiped off...upon opening the case to hear what was rattling around..i found the broken tubes...mouse turds and urine...the cooling fan was totally inoperable...hoping to try and make the best of it...after removing the knobs for a cleaning..found string behind two of them...meter was also cracked upon arrival....this amp is a total loss...not worth a repair....he refuses to answer his phone...or e-mails from me. I was hoping a verified ham....would be trustworthy...but i guess their are liars and theives everywhere. Shame on me (for being a new ham )...and letting this happen. At this point...since i can fly for free...(sister who works for Delta)...and lives close to him. Im thinking of just showing up on his doorstep...with the amp....and confronting him....or at the least a small claims suit...so whenever his name is googgled...it shows he is a scam artist....and not to be trusted....i have photo's of the junker...if anyone wants too see....

KE8AHF
W1QJ

Re: Beware WA6IKE Gary Wayne Talent...!!!

Post by W1QJ »

Hi, I think that is awful but don't think you are the only one this has happened to. Happened to me a few times believing what people say. Ask for pictures of the insides. YES, I would like to see the photos you have of that mess. Send them to gudguyham@aol.com Thanks Lou
donate life
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Sad this stuff even happens.
Last edited by w0bkr on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Deleted.
Last edited by w0bkr on Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
NK7Z

Post by NK7Z »

Never Mind... I understand now.
Last edited by NK7Z on Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
73's and thanks,
For equipment reviews and setups see:
http://www.nk7z.net