terry aka bikerdude

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wa4cch

terry aka bikerdude

Post by wa4cch »

:twisted: hi anybody know terry aka biker dude he answered my ad here on qth for a vhf radio for sale led me to belive he was a ham because he asked if the radio would work on two meters after several e-mails he offered to send payment via a money order after several days i asked him in an e-mail if money order had been sent he even asked me to confirm my mailing address again so he could be sure he had sent it to the right address he told me it had been sent so i removed ad and marked it sold on another site well needless to say no money order and no answers to e-mails SO IF DEALING TERRY AKA
BIKER DUDE BE FORWARNED YOU MAY NOT GET PAID :evil:
thanks chuck
W8VVE

Bikerdude

Post by W8VVE »

I had some "funny" emails with him too...he never sent payment...so I didn't ship.
Are we having fun yet?
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

Terry has been blocked from posting ads here on qth.com, but there is not a good way to stop him or others from answering ads.

Hate to sound like a broken record, but please guys... quit trading with non-hams. Read the "Safe Trading Tips" -- there is a link to them at the top of EVERY page on the QTH.com Classifieds.

- Scott KA9FOX
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
ae4n

Money Orders

Post by ae4n »

For what it is worth .... the way I do it is like this.
I use only U.S. Postal money Orders.
I buy the Money Order, fill it out, and mail it while at the Post Office..
Come home; scan the carbon copy of the Money Order.
E-mail a photo of it to the guy I sent it to.
The only purpose this serves is to let the seller know I did buy the money order and that hopefully our "wonderful" USPS will deliver it to him.

Hugh - AE4N
ki4bdx

Post by ki4bdx »

Hi Guy's, Well, I think this terry guy has been at it again. First he emailed me an offer, i accepted, 1 month goes by he never replied. Now, he keeps emailing me wanting to do cod, I guess he forgot that he all ready made an offer and never followed through. So finally i told him in a semi sarcastic way to goto the post office and buy a money order and i will send the item to him. Well he replied with a nice "F$@$ you". This guy goes by the name "terry f" and the email address is " flyfish_2090@yahoo.com "
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Huh?

Post by KA9FOX »

Ummm.... quit trading with non-hams?

This is a recording....

73 - Scott KA9FOX
nova1010

Re: non hams

Post by nova1010 »

KA9FOX wrote:Ummm.... quit trading with non-hams?

This is a recording....

73 - Scott KA9FOX
I'll say it again just because someones a "non ham" doesnt mean their bad,Ive delt with many hams and "non hams" on this site and others,when dealing with someone I usually check them out on here or other sites to see if they have a good rep or not,I think its unfair to all us "non hams" to be pegged a potential risk.always be carefull who you deal with....be it hams or "non hams". :)
Shawn(nova1010)
Chrome69

Re: Huh?

Post by Chrome69 »

This is a recording....

73 - Scott KA9FOX
Scott not all Non-Hams are that bad, they use the radios for different reasons, don't usually transmit on them..... IMHO

73 Brian
VE3HFH
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

Agreed, not all non-hams are "bad". But if people stuck with dealing with hams, and making sure they are only sending funds & equipment to the ham's FCC database address, then nearly all the scams disappear. Increasing your odds further, you can search for a ham's callsign on sites like our Feedback Forum, to see if there is any history of questionable behavior.

Then we have to add in the fact that since they are not licensed, there are questionable motives for owning ham radio equipment. Not saying they are all using the rigs and amps on CB, but... the possibility exists.

So, you still want to do it anyway? Fine... but then I'm not going to spend a lot of time feeling sorry for you. :lol:

73 - Scott KA9FOX
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
w4amp

Re: Huh?

Post by w4amp »

This is a recording....

73 - Scott KA9FOX
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: