KH6KG Bob Read

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
FbgDan

KH6KG Bob Read

Post by FbgDan »

I recently bought a piece of equipment from Bob by sending funds to him in Hawaii via a Walmart to Walmart money transfer as he requested. I had never done this before and when Bob went to obtain the funds, there is a number he has to have to get the funds but he forgot to ask me for the number and having never done this before, I didn't know to give it to him. This upset him to the point that he cancelled the transaction, reposted the equipment for sale and cost me $9.50 to send the funds as he wanted me to. I had just been scammed by someone and was a bit leary of sending funds through a Walmart transfer and when I mentioned that to him, he got upset saying I thought he was a thief. I told him numerous times that wasn't the case, I was just concerned because of what had happened. I post this just to let anyone know who is thinking of purchasing something from him that he is very temperamental, so a word to the wise is sufficient.
K9RLB

Re: KH6KG Bob Read

Post by K9RLB »

I am learning a lot - oh boy, what have I gotten myself into...... :cry:
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

Paypal is a wonderful option ! Money transfers and money orders can make for real heartaches!
OK, So where are the filters now ?
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

K9RLB wrote: Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:35 am I am learning a lot - oh boy, what have I gotten myself into...... :cry:
Yeah, he was supposedly going to have funds to me on 28 Oct via some wierd walmart funds transfer. Well, never received anything in the USPS Mail, email, etc. So no idea what this guy was trying to do. A simple Money order mailed would have been simple. Needless to say, not selling him anything. He just doesn't sound right to me. Odd transactions and folks have had issues with him (which I did not see until now). Glad I held onto my gear.