W4/G4AGV Martyn / Radio Mart - Buyers/Sellers Beware

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
WR0T-1

Such A Pleasure

Post by WR0T-1 »

Well, Martyn just bought my remaining Collins parts and tubes and once again it was a pleasure doing business with him as he is a fine honest person.

He is far more honest than a lot of people that list items here. When Martyn says it is CCA excellent, very good etc., you can take it to the bank.

I, like a lot of others are never afraid to buy from him with confidence.

I count him as a friend.. When I am ill, he is one of the very first to contact me to see if he can help and folks he lives about 1000 miles away. Sure haven't heard other folks making the same offer.

So, bottom line, go ahead and flame and cuss him but he does a far better service to the ham community than the bitchers and gripers here...

I count him as a friend and damn proud of it...
Martyn

How Misinformed you are

Post by Martyn »

Well I put pen to paper again to educate the idiots out there who seem to make up any story possible to discredit me.

My call, for the ones who cannot read correctly, it is on every one of my postings is W4/G4AGV so that clears that one up for the one dude. Want to call him something else but I am a gentleman hihi

My reason for making all of my listings private>>>

Over Christmas, some clever person contacted several of my second highest bidders, posing as me and offering a 2nd chance offer, several people took that offer up and paid via paypal direct from their bank, all in all a fraud involving in excess of $8500 was involved

I called in the state troopers and also the FBI and I believe the person is now behind bars.

Now going private makes it a safer way to trade, I cant see who is bidding and nor can anyone else and as far as the stupid comments that I run up my own bids,,I don’t need to as there are enough people out there who pay me a handsome enough price for my items.

Okay and finally, my pictures>>>
I spend a lot of time taking the pictures that you all enjoy seeing, not one is a duplicate and each and every one is the actual item listed, I state that in my listings and if some one wants to dispute it, hey bring it on.

So to the pathetic whiners out there who do not like me, Hey its a free world, I don’t like you much either for your false accusations and bickering in some cases about a person that you don’t even know.

I try my very best to run a successful business and with over 5000 positive feedbacks am very proud of what I do, I meet a wonderful array of customers globally and will continue to do so.

So find some one else to shout about and stop wasting your time.

73s
Martyn
W4/G4AGV
VE2AMN

Martyn bashing.....

Post by VE2AMN »

Way to go Martyn! You`re ok in my book. :wink:
Gilles, in the great white north..
kd0pd

Martyn Allison of Sadieville, Kentucky

Post by kd0pd »

Well I'm not surprised that Martyn is back at it again just as several have thought he would be. He's out this year again to cheat everyone he can, some twice or more. I sincerely don't understand how he continues to lie, cheat, and steal in the selling of his junk equipment to so many unsupecting buyers. It's interesting how he does it thru the several sources like this one and gets by with it. It's really a shame the way he consistantly mis-represents his goods. Anyway, if you deal with Martyn, best you ad a little for risk. If you can afford to ad a little for risk, you can afford something better. Watch him closely, he'll get to you before you even know youv'e been had.
Sincerely,
Jerry Wells kd0pd :roll:
Martyn

Jerry Wells

Post by Martyn »

This posting is directed only to the proverbial IDIOT and ill informed Jerry wells who has shown to be a money stealing con man on here already, see previous posts by others

Now I am not clear on what I have done to upset this would be Ham but here is my response to his ridiculous claims.

It is claimed I con people by selling through QTH.com and other sources, well my response is that I have only ever sold ONE item on QTH.com, none EVER on any other websites like this one and all the rest of my quality items through e-bay and by word and mouth, so you are out of order there.

I do not lie, cheat or steal, never have, never will I like my independence too much to be silly like that, on the other hand it is claimed on this web site that you owe several good, descent Hams some money for goods not received, pay up Jerry and be a descent human being if you are able to??

I have to say that I find you totally pathetic in every sense of the word, I am not going to go on as its not in anyone’s best interest but remember this, like I have mentioned before, I hope you can back up what your saying, I have quite a large dossier on you now and only my valuable time stops me at the moment from carrying out my "See you in court posting" not finances believe me, my day with you will come.

Go back under the rock you crawled out from under and get a life!!! Try and be a Descent ham, I know you can do it??

Martyn
5,000 Positive e-Bay feedbacks
KC0THF

Caveat Emptor

Post by KC0THF »

I was scammed once and thats enough for me not to buy again. He may sell some fine equipment to some people but I am just going by my experience. There is no need for name calling here, I was told hams are better than cb operators.
wb9gkz

The Buy - The Sell

Post by wb9gkz »

The Buyer: gottahaveit1995 ......buys a Drake TR4C serial 40599 from an owner apparently dissatisfied with the radio. The radio is described as non-working and has many problems. eBay item number: 5760547707 Auction closed March 20 2005.

The Seller: radio-mart ....selling the same Drake TR4C serial 40599 as in "collector quality" condition, "one owner". eBay item number: 5766564474
Auction begins April 17 2005.

I'm confused, if the TR4C is indeed "collector quality" and "one owner", how on earth do you explain this. Maybe I don't know the whole story.
WR0T-1

<artyn

Post by WR0T-1 »

Don't believe everything you see on Ebay. My my, you guys sure go to a lot of trouble to dig up dirt on Martyn.

Why don't you give him a break and start on me?? It would probably be interesting reading....... :twisted: :twisted:
AB3L

Re: <artyn

Post by AB3L »

WR0T-1 wrote:Don't believe everything you see on Ebay. :
That's sound advice! I think you have pointed out a prime example.

Bill, thanks for the "heads up" :lol:
Martyn

More Muck???

Post by Martyn »

Well there seems to be a lot of people keeping a close eye on me,,, hey if they have nothing better to do with their time, then I can live with that...

Okay I purchased a Drake from a friend, nothing wrong with that, I put a brand new cabinet on it, top and bottom and a new tube set, washed the chassis and fitted a new tube set and replaced a relay, then performed a total alignment,,, sure I invested over $150 in it plus my purchase price, as well as my time and am totally justified in re-selling it, work complete and collectors condition on e-Bay at my discretion.

So what’s the point of this posting? I guess boredom?

Regards
Martyn
K4ICL

Martyn, I need some help understanding this...

Post by K4ICL »

Martyn:

Your words from your eBay posting are shown below. Here are my questions:

1) You said you "briefly tested it" and it "seems" to be in good condition. Here you say you did a complete realignment. Which is it?

Also, if you completely realigned it and re-tubed it, wouldn't you KNOW that is was in good condition?

2) You say in your posting that it is a "one owner" transceiver, yet you would have to be, at least, the third owner, given the history posted by the "friend" you purchased it from. So, again, which is it?

Would appreciate your clearing up any misunderstandings...

Thanks,

K4ICL

Direct Quote from eBAy posting follows:

This transceiver needs to be used, it is in exceptional condition both electronically as well as cosmetically, I have briefly tested it and it seems to be in great working condition and the excellent filtering certainly helped me pull out some weak DX CW stations on a crowded 40meter band the other day.

This is a one owner from new transceiver and is supplied with the original manual, I do have power supplies and speakers listed separately, please see my other listings to locate these fine accessories.

The serial # of this transceiver is a very late 40599
Martyn

In Response

Post by Martyn »

Dear Al
I am not going to let this drag on as your welcome to e-mail me with any questions that you have.

In response to your questions>>>

1) You said you briefly tested it and it seems to be in good condition. Here you say you did a complete realignment. Which is it?

I did a complete and thorough alignment and then a breif on the air test

Also, if you completely realigned it and re-tubed it, wouldn't you KNOW that is was in good condition?

It was not in good enough condition when it came in to me and did not work hence the work I did on the transceiver

2) You say in your posting that it is a "one owner" transceiver, yet you would have to be, at least, the third owner, given the history posted by the "friend" you purchased it from. So, again, which is it?

When I purchased it ( You know I am a dealer) it came in from the original owner via a friend so as far as I am concerned, this was a one owner from new set.

Would appreciate your clearing up any misunderstandings...

Most importantly, the new owner is very happy with the transceiver and we have both posted positive feedback, so I question, what interest is this sale to you ?

Now like I said, this is the end of it as far as I am concerned, I have responded twice now to your questions on an item that I dont see to be any of your business, I hope you got a good price on the 390 you recently sold on e-Bay and wish you well

73s
Martyn
K4ICL

Huh?

Post by K4ICL »

Martyn:

You must have me mixed up with someone else. I have never owned a 390 and have never sold one on eBay or anywhere else.

You have created more questions with your responses to my questions. Here is why.

1) You said you briefly tested it and it seems to be in good condition. Here you say you did a complete realignment. Which is it?

I did a complete and thorough alignment and then a breif on the air test

It was not in good enough condition when it came in to me and did not work hence the work I did on the transceiver

• I understand but this does not answer the question. Why not say that it works to OEM specifications, if that is the case, instead of it "seems" to work OK, leaving the reader to wonder just how well it will work if he should buy it?

When I purchased it ( You know I am a dealer) it came in from the original owner via a friend so as far as I am concerned, this was a one owner from new set
  • You purchased it from an eBay seller who, in his posting, said he purchased it from "Radiojunkyard" on eBay. Is Radiojunkyard the friend you are referring to?
Most importantly, the new owner is very happy with the transceiver and we have both posted positive feedback, so I question, what interest is this sale to you ?
  • Fair enough. When I see three pages of mostly negative comments about anyone and I find bits and pieces that don't quite add up, I ask questions in an effort to clear up possible misunderstandings. Hopefully this dialogue will help do just that.
Thanks for taking the time to respond...

K4ICL
WR0T-1

Martyn

Post by WR0T-1 »

When a dealer buys a radio from the first owner and then resells it, it is still a ONE OWNER radio as far as I am concerned and I have sold many, many radios like this.

I consider it the same as a used car as the dealer is not "the owner" he is mearly the avenue that people buy from. No real per say " title" really changes hands. It is mearly dealer stock and not owned stock.

Any time I done a restoration or repair, I would never have listed a radio as works to OEM specs. A used radio can never ever work to OEM spects unless every single component is replaced due to the ageing process, deteration ect.

A used radio can never be as good as a brand new one no matter who has worked on it. To believe otherwise is just plain foolish.

JUst my opinion, your findings may be different....

As I have said before, I trust Martyn 100% and I have never found a better used gear dealer. I chuckle when I read some of the prase of some other dealers listed on qth and I have dealt with almost all of them and let me tell you all this. I would never ever deal with them again but I don't cry the blues over a few bucks. It is only money and it is replaceable.

On a final note, I have never been happier since I got out ot the radio dickering, selling, buying thing. The very last of the stuff left by trash dumpster on Monday.

All the good stuff, Martyhn bought.........
EA2BSN

Very satisfied

Post by EA2BSN »

I have bought an HF rig to Martyn last week. When the rig arrived it has an small scratch on the screen.

I send him an email complaining about it as the scratch was not advertised. In less than 2 minutes I had a reply from Martyn with a rebate of $29 this is, the cost of display replacement according to my requirement. No questions, no excuses, no pictures were requested.

Very positively surprised.

If you have a problem with one of the purchased items, email him first.

K9XR

THIS IS FOR MARTYN

Post by K9XR »

Well Martyn,

Herre is the proof. Like I asked before were you lying then or are you lying now?

I didn't know that you could have the IRS come over because you wanted their approval. Interesting.

Please don't flatter yourself by thinking I would consider registerring for your site.

Oh Yeah, what ever happened to all those people you were going to sue for Libel? We haven't heard much about that lately. Maybe you just found out that yuou can't sue people for telling the truth?

Martyn wrote:Well I read all of the posts with great interest, I was going to respond to each issue on an individual basis but to be honest I can’t be bothered lowering myself to that.

I have been a proud radio amateur for more than 30 years, I do own radiomart, no big secret there, I also do know gottahaveit1995 no big secret there either but I have no direct connection with him, We do intertrade hence the obvious association, there hope that’s cleared that up.

Now those who know me know I run a legitimate business, yes I have had the IRS come down and spoken to the better business bureau, all who are completely satisfied with the way I do business.

73's Guys
Martyn