BEWARE OF ROSCOE HAWKS SCAM

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W4PIG

BEWARE OF ROSCOE HAWKS SCAM

Post by W4PIG »

I WAS LOOKING FOR A KENWOOD 631 A RADIO GOT THIS EMAIL FROM ROSCOE HAWKS SAID HE HAD ONE FOR SALE I ASKED FOR HIS CALL AND LOCATION HE GAVE ME KD8RTT CAME BACK TO ANTHONY MILLUZZI HE HAD ON HIS QRZ A POST SOMEONE WAS USING HIS CALL TO SCAM PEOPLE WATCH OUT FOR THIS BUM 73 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
W6TN

Re: BEWARE OF ROSCOE HAWKS SCAM

Post by W6TN »

Thank you for your alert. I received a reply to my wanted ad. A person name Roscoe Hawks using WB0GKL callsign in his email account. A quick check on QRZ.com website didn't show Mr. Hawks' email account there. So this person is definitely a scammer. Watch out for his quick response to your wanted ad. 73, Trung W6TN
N8ERM

Re: BEWARE OF ROSCOE HAWKS SCAM

Post by N8ERM »

Thanks for the heads up on this guy.... Feedback Forum works. If we check out all the ham sites, Google and the other search engines we have a better chance to not be burned. Good buying selling and trading. Terry N8ERM