BEWARE OF KK4OWP

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
w4jcw

BEWARE OF KK4OWP

Post by w4jcw »

I recently send $650.00 to this ham...KK4OWP for a Yaesu FT-857d setup. I checked him on the forums as well as QRZ...all seemed ok. He is a ham. He confirmed that he received my US Postal money order for the radio and stated he was shipping it, I have not heard from him since then. I have tried to call as well as email...nothing. I am in process of taking legal action against him. Do not send him your money or equipment!! I have since seen him repost the ad on qth.com and Scott removed it, I have also seen on other ham boards for sale...hope I am the only one that he has taken.
bobbrus1

Re: BEWARE OF KK4OWP

Post by bobbrus1 »

This makes two of us. Went through the same process. I am filing a compliant for mail fraud with the US Postal Inspector. He got my money on Feb 11th and said he was shipping
W4JST

Post by W4JST »

I also sent KK4OWP $600. He confirmed that he received payment but now will not respond to emails. Also it seems the only phone number I have for him has been disconnected?
KK4NTE

Post by KK4NTE »

Well, I wish I had found this thread before I sent this guy money. :oops: However, I did everything with Postal Money Order and through the Postal service. I just got back from the Sheriff's office where a case was opened and all of the information shared with the Investigator. Let's hope we get him off of the street and in jail where he belongs. :evil:
af6vm

Post by af6vm »

I almost got screwed by this guy and his buddy Wendell, KD4OMI. Fortunately I did a little research just before I mailed off my money and ran across this thread. That was back in February.
Today, a Detective from Maryville PD called me and wanted to know my story, and asked that I forward the emails. It sounds like the guy pulled this on a lot of folks and now his world is crashing in on him. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
You folks that got burned might be able to get your $$ back. If you truly got screwed and can substantiate it, I'd give Det. Rod Fernandez a call at Maryville PD and share your story.
TINCAN

Post by TINCAN »

THIS IS WHY I DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM TENN. IVE BEEN SCAMMER MORE THAN ONCE BY HAMS IN THAT STATE. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY THEN FALL OFF THE PLANET.