scam alert /bad seller /BS artist -KF2GG -

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
buyer123

scam alert /bad seller /BS artist -KF2GG -

Post by buyer123 »

ft 840 listing #1150854 8/28/14 BY - KF2GG - Richard Schneider of NJ. PEDDLED as WORKS GREAT , SOUNDS GREAT , SHOWS GREAT OUTPUT -
UNDER # 973 875 1195 ,, Arraiging a metting at ROUTE 80 - EXIT 47B ,,,, " KF2GG -stated BOTH , on thePHONE & in PERSON The ft 840 - THAT
ONLY ISSUE WAS METER LAMP IS OUT, RADIO WORKS GREAT " Kf2GG - SOLD a FT 840 " HAVING NO RF OUTPUT on 2 BANDS --10M & 12M " !!!
EXPLAINING the issues - FOUND , with / TESTING METER / DUMMY LOAD - !!! - HE was informed - " I was NOT looking for a RADIO for or to
REPAIR , AND in PERSON - RICH ,,,, KF2GG - in PERSON - said HE stands behind what HE - SELLS ,,,, ON the complaining PHONE CALL - "KF2GG-
NOW - STATES ,,, HE DID NOT CHECK THE 10M & 12M BANDS , THAT - HE HAS NO ANTENNAS " FOR THESE BANDS , HE ONLY WORKS 40M - SO
HE NEVER TESTED THE SAID FT 840 on THE 10M &12M BANDS ,,,,,, NOW - STATING IT must be ONE OF THE OSSCILLATORS ,,,,, AND ,,,,,
WOULD REFUND THE $300.00 PAID for this - " UNCHECKED ,,,, ADMITTED ---- !!!!!! " WORKS GREAT RADIO --- !!!!!!! THEM " KF2GG -issues
ME a DEADLINE - to return - THE RADIO - at a 2nd - SAME LOCATION - meeting - " ASHLEY FURNITURE STORE @ ROUTE 46 in NJ . " A NO SHOW
RESULTED " ,,,,, CALLING - I was at THE AGGREED LOCATION - !!!!! " KF2GG ,s WIFE ::: Lu LU - NOW - SCREAMING ,,, VULGAR PROFANITY -
like a TRUCK DRIVER , STATING : " YOU F--K--ING BROKE THE RADIO ----- ALL unprovked ,,,, AND HANGS - UP THE PHONE ,,,, KF2GG ----
does NOT FOLLOW - on HIS STATEMENTS ,,,, HE backs -up WHAT HE SELLS ,,,, HE has HAD THIS FT 840 - a LONG TIME,,,HE HAS TOO MUCH
INVESTED IN HE FT 840 RADIO ,,,,, WORKS GREAT ,,, With - COMPLAINTANTS ---- ABOUT - a UNCHECKED RADIO - ADMITTED BY - "KF2GG "
on THE PHONE ,,,, ALSO - STATING - THE $300.00 PAID WOULD BE REFUNDED - !!!!! EXCUSSES ,,, STORIES ,,,, 'TWO TRIPS TO NJ,,,,,
AND - HIS UN - LADY - LIKE - WIFE - ,,,, Lu LU ,,,,, """ DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE """" BAD NEWS - B/S ARTIST,,,,,,,,,
NJ2S

Re: scam alert /bad seller /BS artist -KF2GG -

Post by NJ2S »

I bought and traded gear with kf2gg and never had a problem , i know rich to be a straight up guy. i think if you give him a chance you can work out your problem. bill nj2s
kf2gg

Post by kf2gg »

OMG! This person is nothing but a foul, predjudicial individual. I have never met such a liar in my life. There is no other response to his complaint then that it is a total lie. I offered him his money back and he stood me up in the parking lot. I am done with this lying sack of crap!
Rich KF2GG
K6HR

Post by K6HR »

I beg to differ. Rich is as solid a stand up guy you will ever meet. I've done business with Rich and I can tell you from personal experience that he is a totally fair and honest. This thread should be titled "Bad Buyer/BS artist".
nx4e

Post by nx4e »

CAVEAT EMPTOR! After purchasing a Johnson Viking Ranger from KF2GG a few weeks ago, subsequent to responding to a QTH.com listing, I received the transmitter without documentation, with missing hardware and with burned out front panel lights. The Ranger was said to be pristine with several desirable mods and new paint. Mods - yes. New Paint - yes. Pristine - not yet! As of the date of this post, some of the deficiencies have been corrected by the seller, but only after way too many email exchanges. Seller has pretty much denounced his intentions to communicate with me to resolve the remaining issues. I paid him $725 for this transmitter plus an additional $60 for shipping, which would be a fair price for a near perfect Ranger. This one works well, but is not what I would call pristine, due to missing parts and no docs. Seller's failure to provide documentation to support the modifications is just not what I expected. We shall see if Rich, KF2GG, will work with me and if he honors my efforts to correct these issues amicably. 73 from Jim, de nx4e, Panama City, Florida
nx4e

Post by nx4e »

April 14, 2015: Two weeks later....KF2GG has still not responded after I gave him a chance to make this right. The Ranger I purchased from him is a nice one to be sure, but it was shipped with no documentation, with missing hardware and a band selector switch that doesn't work as it should. The transmitter was represented to be "Pristine." Seller valued it at $1200, stating that it was a great deal at $725 which is the amount I paid. My advise....if you purchase gear from Rich, you'll be OK if you are happy with "AS IS." His after sale attention to details leaves much to be desired, but KF2GG is a great salesman...IMHO. 73 Jim de nx4e.
kf2gg

Post by kf2gg »

Wow! This complaint is a total shock to me since he acknowledged how happy he was with this purchase. I did everything but jump through hoops for this guy every time he contacted me because he had no knowledge, whatsoever, how to operate this item.

Stay clear from this buyer. He is obviously not all there.
nx4e

Post by nx4e »

Does this email sent to me by KF2GG reflect that he was willing to work with me (unedited except to delete the phone number)?

I am no longer friends with him.
Here is his call wd2afj phone 1-908-XXXXXX

This is my last email to you.

WD2AFJ did supply the documentation I needed....when KF2GG would not!
WD8BIL

Post by WD8BIL »

Give it a rest already!
Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff!
nx4e

Post by nx4e »

We need to get the record straight....not in love with KF2GG's rebut: "Stay clear from this buyer. He is obviously not all there."
KD8HAV

Post by KD8HAV »

Great Seller KF2GG.

I purchased a piece of ham gear from Rich, KF2GG recently. It arrived safely, packed well, and exactly as his picture showed it to be. Great communication with Rich. I would recommend him highly. Thanks Rich for a very pleasant transaction.

Bob McGee, KD8HAV
Huntington, WV
N8ERM

Post by N8ERM »

Rules are simple, not the buyer or seller don't comment. Please follow the rules.