wide signals

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
ws4bs

wide signals

Post by ws4bs »

Hi, :wink:

check out http://splattermasters.com

feedback is encouraged.
kb6rdi

Re: wide signals

Post by kb6rdi »

Honestly, the web site is kind of "messy" it looks like it is 1997-1998 era. (but again..messy). I am also trying to figure out the random pictures of the Obama stuff kinf of randomly thrown in. Maybe make your own second page for the political stuff and have everything on there for the Obama "section". Then organize each section. Maybe one link for a page to AM operators, one for SSB operators that are too wide.

I am not saying I agree with your opinions, or disagree with them. I am simply providing feedback regarding the web page itself with some ideas to make it more "appealing".

However, I do agree with one thing from reading and observing the message boards. I do see a lot of operators that will tur everything to the right, and also do the "tune for max smoke" thing with their amplifiers not understanding why their AVG watt meter isn't swinging to the right on their SSB signal. You try to explain to them to get a Bird 43P or something peak reading, and what happens when positive peaks on AM flat top causing false readings, and it goes in one ear and out the other.

The other problem too is amplifier manufacturers. Why sell a 500 watt amplifier when you can label it as a 600 watt amplifier, PEP? Just saying....
ws4bs

Post by ws4bs »

Go to the frequency they occupy and just listen. Tune off of their center and you can hear the signal at least 10 KHz in either direction. The only HAMS that can hear that wide are running flex radios or some kind of SDR. And they will hear all the SSB stations that are in the 20 KHz bandpass. The fact of the matter is, they are running commercial transmitters and there is no filtering.
As far as the website goes, it was thrown together in a few minutes and added to it as recordings came in from others. I invite you to make more suggestions about the site. My interest in how it looks is low but I can make improvements as time permits. Maybe you are good at this and could help. Maybe submit some html or something. Any assistance would be appreciated.
kr4tn

Post by kr4tn »

There are only 3 or so guys on 73 that make it bad on everyone within 20+ Khz. They refuse to check if the Band is in use and just fire up on ongoing qso's. Don't dare say anything to them about it,you won't hear the end of it until they have talked crap about you,your wife,kids,mother and friends. The schoolyard rhetoric is ridiculous. I guess it's asking a bit to much for these guys to incorporate just a little good amateur practice into their am broadcaster wannabe games that of course includes their CB band noise toys.

TN