na2x--Dishonest--BEWARE!!!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
ve2xb

na2x--Dishonest--BEWARE!!!

Post by ve2xb »

NA2X Bob Rossi sold me a non-working radio for a Club station. This is the lowest I have seen a ham stoop to in my 35 yrs + as a ham. There were 5 hams and their wives also hams, as witnesses that unpacked the rig and tested it on several bands. When Bob was confronted, he tried to squirm out of it by saying, Are you using an approved Icom power supply for that radio or something else of questionable quality that might the cause of your problems? It is on a brand new MFJ 40 amp pwr supply and the antenna is a beautiful windom made by Chris, NI4L who does excellent work on all his antennas. We also tested it on the Club`s battery that we use at Field Day with solar pwr trickle charger.
After we told him that, he stopped answering emails. He was caught red handed. I was sad that Robin Williams passed away but revolted at Bob`s callous and deliberate attempt to deceive 5 honest hams looking for a Club rig--and no attempt to make things right or refund our money.
BEWARE of him. He is dishonest, untrustworthy and deceitful.
What a shame one ham spoils the rep of all. If one ham cannot trust another, that is a sad day.
73, dx, god bless, keep well
Mike, ve2xb/p/w1
NA2X

Re: na2x--Dishonest--BEWARE!!!

Post by NA2X »

Gesh, you finally answered the question about what power supply you are using, this is the first time I've heard that.
You never answered that before even after I asked you. Was it too hard to tell me?

You were having problems and really knowing the radio should be OK, one thing I suspected was the power supply might be causing the issues.
I was trying to be helpful.

Actually, you didn't answer a lot of questions and with held information. Not very helpful in trying to resolve this.

Yes, I stopped answering emails, not because I was caught red handed (because I wasn't) but because you're E-mails changed to you making obnoxious demands that I pay for this or I do this. It would have been nice if you answered some questions. If you're trying to come up with what to do, don't dictate to me what I'm going to do. It should be a mutual agreement between two parties. But obviously you don't think that way. You'd rather just dictate to some one, regardless of their input.

Your first E-mail that said you were having problems (and I quote from your E-mail), "The radio is not working on 10m with low output"
I asked you about how much power it was putting out and you never really answered.

I used that radio for many months right up to the day it was sold. I've got hundreds of contacts on all bands from 80 through 6 on different modes. Never had any bad reports, the thing worked great. I know for a fact, it was in good working condition when it was sold (like it said in the ad). It was double boxed when shipped and insured for $1000. I absolutely know the radio was working when it left here.

Now this afternoon, in a private E-mail to me, you said "No power out on any bands. Nothing."

So, in the 30 days you've had it, it went from "not working on 10m with low output" to "No power out on any bands. Nothing. "
Sounds to me that in the time you've had it, it's been misused, causing the power output to fail.

Therefore, I don't feel any responsibility for paying for any repairs or refunding your money.

"callous and deliberate attempt to deceive"?? What?? Yes, it is a sad day when honest hams have to deal with people like you.
ve2xb

Post by ve2xb »

Bob,
You are showing your true colors here. No, it was never misused and I told you we waited to get a commercially made antenna by Chris, NI4L, so actual air time was maybe a week.
I didn`t believe you would try and make things right and be a decent fellow. Your actions speak volumes. You are indeed dishonest and never meant you wanted to resolve the issue amicably.
73, dx, god bless,
Mike, 2xb
P.S. I even feel sorry for you that you would sink so low to rip off a Club.
NA2X

Post by NA2X »

You just said "actual air time was maybe a week". So it was working? Why don't you make up your mind on your "story". You claim I sold you a non-working radio.

And you conveniently didn't mention the other "problem" you claim to have with this "non-working radio".
I quote from your E-mail, "I also had reports of it being slightly off frequency. (Sounds like PLL is unlocking...)" End quote

So you have a "non-working radio" but you're getting reports.

"It sounds like the PLL is unlocking"??? What?? I told you that if the frequency is off, there's a simple adjustment procedure in the manual for tweaking the frequency. Did you ever read the manual??

Again, no response from you.

Yet, again, you know the frequency is off but it's a non-working radio? Doesn't make any sense.

You call me a dishonest, untrustworthy and deceitful and callous and deliberate attempt to deceive. But your own E-mails and descriptions tell a different story.
ve2xb

Post by ve2xb »

Bob,
The radio was not working from the get go. We have had several Icom PROs, PRO2s and never a problem. These radios work well and they are durable and rugged and never die, so we were stumped. The most an Icom PRO did was blow a fuse from overheating in all my years of using one. We tried to see if the rig was having pwr supply issues as this was the most logical reason. We tried desperately to see if another supply would make any difference and a battery over the week--but to no avail. So, yes, it was not working from the get-go. Yes, I should have sent the radio back to you on the first day as we all knew it was dying.
73, dx
Mike
NA2X

Post by NA2X »

I've owned a couple of the 756 radios in the past 14 years and never had a problem with any of them.
I still contend that the 756Pro was in good working condition when it left here.

But, in order to constructively move forward, I'll be willing to pay 50% of the costs for shipping, insuring and repair of the radio at the Washington Icom repair center up to a maximum out of pocket cost to me of $250. Payment after the repair of the radio and payment to your PayPal account.

Let me know if you agree.
ve2xb

Post by ve2xb »

Bob,
Yes, I agree wit that and thanks.
I will send you further information as it becomes available.
73, dx, tnx
Mike
ve2xb

Re: na2x--Makes it right..

Post by ve2xb »

Bob did step up to the plate and made things right.
73, dx, tnx, god bless
Mike, ve2xb/p/w1