KD0UYD, KD2XN calls hijacked

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
kh7y

KD0UYD, KD2XN calls hijacked

Post by kh7y »

I have been looking for a TS-780 parts radio. Seems to attract scammers. His email address is ryankd0uyd@outlook.com and his PayPal address is Pluta72@gmail.com. He says he lived in NE. but his IP address is near Redmond, Wa.

Then today another scammer with a non working TS-780 "Philip M. Stanley offered his TS-780 to me says he has a PayPal address and he email is Philipkd2xn@gmail.com both offers use the same words, and use i's and TNX as TNEX..

Aloha, Fred KH7Y
N9LCD

Re: KD0UYD, KD2XN calls hijacked

Post by N9LCD »

Received the following message today from a scammer purporting to be KD2DN, Philip M. Stanley of Jordan, NY:

Hi,
I want to sell APR-6 RECEIVER in a good and working
condition please let me
know if you are still interested in any..

The email cam,e from the email address in KH7Y's post.

My "WANTED" ad was posted on QRZ in March, 2013!!! It's still there because you can't delete QRZ ads.

N9LCD
kh7y

Post by kh7y »

N9LCD, these guys look for hams on qrz.com that do not show their email address, that is the first clue. Then when you respond asking questions like their phone number, call sign etc. they do not answer questions for the most part. Interesting that they do use PayPal, so you would think that they would not be able to keep their funds, as PayPal has back-up credit, like your checking account or credit card on file. Maybe we need to ask PayPal more questions??

Anyway I once dreamed of having a APR-6 with all the plugins. We used the radio to look for harmonics and help out other hams with TVI.

Good luck finding one, they are around, but not here in Hawaii.

Aloha, Fred KH7Y
KD0UYD

Post by KD0UYD »

Hello,
Thank you for alerting people that my call sign has been hijacked. I had no idea. I was on the computer checking to see if my priv's have been updated online from the last upgrade and stumbled onto this. Very disappointing to say the least. Obviously that is not my email address and I STILL live in NE as my IP shows. I am going to report this to PayPal ASAP. Also, can someone email me the IP address he was using? I happen to know a few people who won't mind investigating a case of attempted interstate electronic fraud and identity theft for me. Its going to suck to be this guy. (Also this is my first post on this site.....so hello everyone).
Ryan
KD0UYD
kh7y

Post by kh7y »

Hi Ryan, I will go back through my emails and see if I can get the IP address. The PayPal address is what they gave me, it would be interesting to find out who is behind that PayPal address. I will post here if I find IPs for you.

73, Fred KH7Y
kh7y

Post by kh7y »

Hi Fred ,

Are you still interested

Here you go Ryan, let me know what you find out... This is why I have Lifelock!!

"FROM" ryankd0uyd@outlook.com IP 65.54.190.92 (permitted sender)

One of his emails below etc.

Good luck and please post your findings about this ass.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: kh7y@alohabroadband.net
Subject: RE: TS-780 2m/70cm parts
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:22:13 +0100

Hi Fred,

It is then CW filter that is bad alone as every other thing is in good and working shape.
I am located in 202 W 4th St
Papillion, NE.

73's
KD0UYD

Post by KD0UYD »

I have found this ass hat has tried to scam others as well at different forums using my call, name, and address. The IP addresses used to contact people are different at each forum but all trace back to Redmond, WA. Safe to say it is the same guy. The icing on the cake is that I recently posted a WTB add on Eham for an IC7200 and other accessories, a person claiming to be WB0GIN (Call is registered to Luther Stave in ND) responded with a decent price, a not too unbelievable but still solid price. I responded saying I was interested and that I would be ready to buy in a week or two. I hadn't researched anything on the seller yet (was going to this weekend) but decided given all of this that I would expedite the process. You guessed it, WB0GIN had no email that I could find on QRZ and when I traced the IP of the email it came back to......wait for it......wait for it......Redmond, WA. Needless to say this is not the real WB0GIN and is in fact the same person who hijacked my call sign to defraud others and is now trying to do the same to me with someone else's call sign. Stand by as I may need more info or the actual forwarded email in the future.
KD0UYD (the real one)
'.
kh7y

Post by kh7y »

Ryan, OK the email address on qrz.com is correct for me KH7Y. So email me and I will forward everything I have here. I really think that PayPal should be able to tell you who this person is. You might need to go to your local police or maybe the FBI. They should be able to his name and address and shut him down.

It seems to be very common now when WTB. I have had maybe 10 or 15 over the years. Easy to spot for the most part. Now with the countries financial wos I have had more of these scammers try to get my money.

So email me and I can give you everything I have.

Aloha, Fred KH7Y