Chales K6CMC

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W5DPP

Chales K6CMC

Post by W5DPP »

Any one dealing with Charles K6CMC
N0EE

Re: Chales K6CMC

Post by N0EE »

I am in the middle of a deal with him. I sent payment by Paypal on July 4, he was to ship on the 7th. I didn't hear from him so I asked him what was up and he said he shipped it on the 10th and provided a tracking number. When tracking the package, UPS said a label was made but they don't have the package in their possession. I asked him and he said he would look into it. Tracking now shows the package is "held for future delivery requested" whatever that means. I have yet to receive my package, he does answer all emails. But so did the guy that just ripped me off using a deceased person's call sign. I'm withholding judgement for the time being but I am getting impatient.
W5DPP

Post by W5DPP »

I have the same problem....
My deal is for the Alpha amp he listed.
I sent a paypal payment on July 2
Sammy
N0EE

Post by N0EE »

Apparently something isn't right for either one of us. I told him I want my money back, we'll see how that plays out.
xcalibr8

Post by xcalibr8 »

File a claim with Paypal now if u havent already. He has used this same scam on over a dozen other people here. Just do a search on this forum for his call sign , K6CMC. Im still waiting for paypal to resolve mine. Good Luck
:evil:
WD8BIL

Post by WD8BIL »

Same here. He claimed to have a set of 8874s. Same shipping/tracking scenario. Seems he's taking the money, buying UPS label but not using them and keeping the rest. Let's see; $310 taken from Bud, $12.95 to UPS ..... that leaves $297 for Charles.
Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff!
WD8BIL

Post by WD8BIL »

A call to the Corona. CA prosecutor will be made soon also!
Don't sweat the petty stuff and don't pet the sweaty stuff!
K4MSG

Post by K4MSG »

If anyone who has been scammed by K6CMC hasn't yet done so, file an issue with Paypal and immediately elevate it to a claim for the amount you paid. Be sure and explain the details, including the "bogus" shipping info. Paypal *MAY* take up to 10 days to investigate the complaint, but in my case they refunded in four days, probably because they have a whole list of complaints against the same person. Paypal allows you 45 days from the transaction date to file a claim, but the sooner you do it, the better.

Good luck!
N0EE

Post by N0EE »

For what it's worth I filed a claim, not a dispute, against this guy one week ago today and haven't heard anything from PayPal. I filed a claim against another individual who hijacked a deceased ham's call on July 10th and by phone they told me I would be refunded within 10 days. It's been 15 days and I have yet to receive anything including emails from PayPal.
N0EE

Post by N0EE »

I called PayPal today to ask about my claims. Both were settled and a refund issued to me while I was on the phone with them. PayPal paid me with their money. If you file a claim, don't wait for an email from them, call them frequently.
k4mt

Post by k4mt »

He sounds like he same guy who got a bunch of a year ago using another call. The guy that got us gave us tracking numbers and then had package returned to sender the day before delivery. After it was done I talked to UPS and they had 15 boxes in their possession to be returned to a non existent address (empty field) in California.

When they opened the boxes they were all empty.

He was good and I had over 5 conversations with him and he was talking the ham lingo like a pro.

We tried police in the area where he shipped the boxes but they thumbed their nose at us and would not take calls after we filed the initial report. Souns like he is at it again under a new fake identity.

He got over 15 people the last time at about $600 or more per person.