New Scammer using KF2YD

For reports of scammers using other people's callsigns. Remember that any callsigns listed in this forum are likely innocent bystanders (subjects of identity theft) and, thus, are probably not guilty of anything. For bad transactions with verified ham operators, use the Feedback Forum instead.
kj5mm

New Scammer using KF2YD

Post by kj5mm »

Had a response to a WTB for a Swan VFO, specified Pay pal only, would not give me a phone number, no picture, would not respond after I requested a picture with a QSL card in the photo. KF2YD callsign is about to expire. You do the math, I'm tired of Scammers! Be careful , 73 Bryan KJ5MM
nx4e

Re: New Scammer using KF2YD

Post by nx4e »

Re: KF2YD scam...I am currently attempting to get a refund for $100 paid for a Drake FL6000 filter to a person claiming to be KF2YD. After listing WTB on QTH.com, a person who said he is Frank G. Schoellkopf, responded. Negotiation were completed with about 9 or 10 exchanges. This person's email address is KF2YD@gmail.com. He sent his address as 104 Heritage Blvd. #3, Princeton, NJ 08540. If this person is in fact a scammer, he has gone to great lengths! I have not confirmed that he is dishonest, but after a full week and no tracking number, I think that the probability is high that this was am elaborate scam.
More to follow. Jim de nx4e