BEWARE: Yaesu FT-857D For Sale

Discussion of ways to help ensure a safe trade, so you don't get ripped-off. Do not discuss individuals here. Use the Feedback Forum instead.
kc2zxl

BEWARE: Yaesu FT-857D For Sale

Post by kc2zxl »

I have contacted this person to inquire about the Yaesu 857D for sale. He never responded. He claims that he had two failed buyers, not sure because I told him I was interested but never responded.

He does not have a Callsign, and claims that the radio was his Aunts' uncle? Which is it, aunt or uncle?

Asked more more pictures but again, ever responded but on his listing, he first told me one person stood him up, now there's second person.

I would be weary of this seller.
K4ICL

Re: BEWARE: Yaesu FT-857D For Sale

Post by K4ICL »

This warning does not mean for us to be alerted when seeing all ads selling FT-857D equipment But, because the seller does not have a call sign, it not possible to know just who to be aware of.

This is but one problem we face when we attempt to deal with users not having a legitimate callsign. There are many other issues surrounding this situation, including risks presented by scammers, by persons selling stolen equipment, or by persons totally unacknowledged about the items they are selling, to name a few.

It is best to totally ignore offers from non-licensed persons selling ham equipment. No call sign, no deal! Saves time and stress...

de
K4ICL
kc2zxl

Post by kc2zxl »

I agree, check out the latest email from this person claims that he's selling the radio for his SK uncle:

I'm so sorry I'm just getting back to you, been a busy last couple days, and I had an overwhelming response. Included is the separation kit, box, mic, all cables, a data cable, and manuals. I accept credit / debit cards directly through Square processing, money orders, personal check, and I can pick up a western union money order, and have a prepaid visa debit card I can reload instantly with a Moneypak reload card you can buy at any Walmart, cvs, 711, etc. With the credit / debit card, the funds will not post into my bank until next Tuesday if I run it today, with mailed payments, it could take longer, with the last two options, I would receive payment today, and ship out today, and on top of that, I had a buyer lined up to pay yesterday, who blew me off,
K4ICL wrote:This warning does not mean for us to be alerted when seeing all ads selling FT-857D equipment But, because the seller does not have a call sign, it not possible to know just who to be aware of.

This is but one problem we face when we attempt to deal with users not having a legitimate callsign. There are many other issues surrounding this situation, including risks presented by scammers, by persons selling stolen equipment, or by persons totally unacknowledged about the items they are selling, to name a few.

It is best to totally ignore offers from non-licensed persons selling ham equipment. No call sign, no deal! Saves time and stress...

de
K4ICL
K4ICL

Post by K4ICL »

The ad for the FT-875D has been deleted because the seller did not follow the rules. Non-licensed users may not sell a transmitting device on QTH.com unless it is for a estate relative who is identified by a legitimate call sign within the text of the ad. Further, our site rules do not allow duplicate ads and the user had posted three ads, two being dups.

Any non-licensed user wanting to sell certified ham transmitting equipment (not CB equipment of any kind) on our site is welcome to do so but PLEASE check out the rules. Users may also sell any non-transmitting equipment of all kinds and varieties so long as it is DIRECTLY related to Amateur Radio but still MUST provide the call sign of the SK to whom the gear belonged. It is a requirement the identity of the previous owner be provided.

de
K4ICL