trade with LESLIE ALLAN ROBERTS K6DFW, not so good!!

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
mvr

trade with LESLIE ALLAN ROBERTS K6DFW, not so good!!

Post by mvr »

OK, first of all I understand the risks of a trade. I have been a ham for almost 40 years.
I was not going to post any negative comments but after a while I started to get annoyed how I was lied to.
I ALWAYS describe everything I sell, good or bad and have over 1000 positive feedbacks on ebay since 1996. NO negative feedbacks and about 40% was ham equipment.
I believe if somebody is looking for something they should know EXACTLY what they will get. And my feedbacks show this!!

Beware of K6DFW, he posted (see the bottom of this.) He wants to trade his Icom IC-4AT (handi talkie)
and is looking for a Tempo S1 without the keypad. He states the icom ONLY needs a final transistor (read below).
OK, my Tempo has been sitting for a long time so I'd do the trade. I have a 440 repeater here and could always use
a new toy to play around with.
So I send the Tempo out and he gets it the same day he sends the Icom out. (many e-mails asking if I sent it out yet).
Thats ok, he has the hots to get it and I understand.
SO, I receive the Icom. Looks good. There is a small circuit board with a torn plastic ribbon cable (that was outside the radio), the old type they use to use. Very thin and fragile. I asked what that is for. I'm told it connects to the touch tone pad, maybe you can fix it. hmmmmm, I opened the radio and the whole touch tone pad circuit board is missing and it was a hack job cutting the aluminum backing.
Nothing to connect that little board to. Still not a major event although I would have been nice to have the tones since I use them for the repeater. OK, now I power it up, it comes on. Does not transmit since there is no output other than a very low level driver. I was also told that the radio receives fine, it does not!! I can't hear anything, anywhere. It does have a weird off frequency sound across the band, even when I transmit close to it on another radio. So it seems I'll just pull the vol and squelch controls out of the case, I might need them for another 4AT I have,mine are scratchy anyway. I have all e-mails to confirm what I have said here. Even e-mails stating how I was disappointed. No replies.... Didn't think I would any anyway. So basically I was ripped off. Thank God it was an old cheap HT. So, LET THE BUYER BEWARE!!!
OH YEA, I almost forgot. I also has an old Wilson HT laying around that works that I sent him also. I figured he likes old stuff and I had no use for it. Guess being a nice guy I got screwed. Oh well....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Listing Number: 1108748
Date Ad was Placed: 01/09/14
Name: LESLIE ALLAN ROBERTS
Heading: ICOM IC-4AT TRADE/SALE PARTS OR FIX.

For sale or trade,ICOM IC-4AT,For parts or repair,needs a final output,transistor (2SC3101)The radio receives ok.it has the IC-DC1Power adapter, antenna.this rig covers the 440-450MHz band. I Am looking to trade for a Henry Radio "TEMPO S-1" HT Early or LATE Model is ok.I am looking for Tempo S-1 WITH OUT THE DTMF PAD....The ICOM "AS IS"SELL OR TRADE.BUT PREFER A TRADE.
MDSUPER88

Re: trade with LESLIE ALLAN ROBERTS K6DFW, not so good!!

Post by MDSUPER88 »

RE:Trade with Leslie Allan Roberts.This is a rebuttal to Mark Russo N2FLF.Ok Here's is the thing.I was totally EMBARRASSED By your disparaging remarks.First of all, I was under the
impression that YOU Mark.wanted a parts radio. ok,fine.as far as the radio is concerned, I checked to receive section of the radio,it worked fine.Now the transmit section,I did some rework on it, such as resoldering the LPF and two capacitors that connect to the BNC Connector. then i removed and tested the Final output transistor,it checked ok and,re installed it.
,,so i removed it,and used radio shack "solder wick" well it started to break apart, resulting in strands of wire all over the final output area.until it was (transistor) destroyed buy excessive heat. maybe i should have better discribed the condition of the radio.then none of this would have occurred. I REST MY CASE.
K4ICL

Post by K4ICL »

You said:
He states the icom ONLY needs a final transistor (read below).
But he really said:
For parts or repair,needs a final output,transistor (2SC3101)
I can not find where he used the word "ONLY". Please advise. It appears he made it clear his trade was a parts radio, needing repair. Isn't that just what you received?

K4ICL
MDSUPER88

Post by MDSUPER88 »

Hello K4ICL.I want to thank you for sticking up for me,RE:The ICOM IC 4AT. When N2FLF, Gave me this lousy feedback. I WAS TOTALLY Embarrassed about the whole situation.Like I stated in my "QTH AD" FOR PARTS OR REPAIR. And "AS IS" Simply means that. Again thanks & 73's

Leslie/K6DFW :? :oops: :shock: