Do not buy from W4OI / HK1AR Tony Rogozinski

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K6RV

Do not buy from W4OI / HK1AR Tony Rogozinski

Post by K6RV »

I responded to an ad placed by W4OI on March 12, 2009 for a Jones Keyer paddle.

We settled on a price of $150 for the paddle, and i sent Mr. Rogozinski the money via PayPal on March 13. After numerous requests for delivery of the paddle, or return of my money, and after numerous excuses by W4OI, I filed a dispute with PayPal on April 14, 31 days after sending my money. Hearing nothing by April 21, I escalated the dispute to a claim and PayPal, after investigation, found in my favor and retrieved $145.35 from Mr. Rogozinski's account and deposited it to my account.

PayPal did a good job as far as I am concerned, even though I didn't get the full amount returned.

I would strongly recommend you NOT deal with Tony Rogozinski, W4OI.

I take no joy in writing this about another fellow ham, but hope it will prevent you from having a problem with this guy.

Donald, K6RV
ne6v

Post by ne6v »

As much as I "complain" about paypal...it's stories like this one that makes me use them everytime I buy an item....conversly every item I sell I prefer paypal is used..."PAYPAL.....I love to hate'm, but I hate to love them..."

de
ne6v
trogo

Re: Do not buy from W4OI / HK1AR Tony Rogozinski

Post by trogo »

This transaction occurred nearly 5 years ago. I was out of the country and obviously the shipment of the key was delayed however the buyer was extremely impatient and filed a complaint
with PayPal that I did not dispute and he received a refund. If PayPal charged him that isn't my fault - they should not have done so. I subsequently sold the Jones Paddle to another happy
buyer and I have made probably 100 additional sales on QTH.COM since that time including a number over the past few months. I have a positive feedback on an Ebay account of 82 with
no negatives. Some people cannot be pleased. I have requested that my friend Scott KA9FOX delete this posting but am told that he cannot do so for legal reasons. This nonsense has
cost me several sales for no good reason. I have been a Ham for 56+ years and am an honest individual. I'm a member of the Central Arizona DX Association - 30+ years, the Florida
Contest Group and many other organizations. Further information and references available upon request.

Tony Rogozinski
Amateur Radio W4OI - HK4T - ex HK1AR - HK1AR/4
LICENSED FOR OVER 56 YEARS
EX-N7BG, K5LMJ, K4KES, WA6BOU,
W6JPC W7HZF, F7BK, VP5AR, VQ9AR,
OJ0/N7BG, CN2BG, 5V7BG, TY5AR
9G5AR, TU/N7BG, ZC4BG, HK3KAV
HK0/HK1AR and many others
I've been to 103 Countries