HAS ANYONE EVER DEALT WITH VA3APA?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
MDSUPER88

HAS ANYONE EVER DEALT WITH VA3APA?

Post by MDSUPER88 »

Has any one, ever done any business with this individual? VA3APA? Well I received an e mail, from him on DEC-9th,2013.QTH AD # 1103063 "EF JOHNSON VIKING 4740" ON OR ABOUT
DEC 09,2013....was from this individual. he asked me if I am still interested? and I said yes.I told him that I will pay him the money by the end of this month. So he offered to give it
to me for a Christmas present.So he asked me for my e mail address,then he had money sent to my paypal account.he asked me to send money to his friends overseas,then I Started
to get very suspicious, I wrote him back,and told him that I was getting concerned about me acting as a go between. him and his friend in Dubai, UAE. I asked him,why can't you do this yourself? he replied, that he needed my help to send his wifes friend in the "U.A,E" So this went on for over two weeks.He(VA3APA) Was selling his collections,to raise money for his Daughter's kidney operation. in the UAE. then i received complaints from "PAYPAL"That his (VA3APA) three customers did not receive their items.so now I have been VICTIMIZED" i GOT IN TOUCH WITH PAYPAL.There were 3 charge backs, PAYPAL advised me to report this scam to the ic3.gov I filed a complant with ic3 a division of the FBI. and told this individual that i am ending this Friendship on FACEBOOK. I shared my e mails with a fellow ham, and told that i was no doubt victimized. SO BE ON THE LOOK OUT FOR THIS CON ARTIST. HE SCREWED ME BIG TIME. :evil: :twisted: :roll:BTW:HE PROMISED TO SHIP THE CB RADIO LAST WEEK,BUT IT NEVER SHOWED UP
w0bkr

Re: HAS ANYONE EVER DEALT WITH VA3APA?

Post by w0bkr »

Yes, I too received a scamming attempt from him. I was looking (still am) for a replacement TS-570 front panel. He sent an email asking if I was still interested in the one that he had. He had never contacted me before. I checked his IP address and it is out of the UAE. I posted a warning on Eham about his call. Sorry you got burned.....I hope PP will correct the mess....
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Sorry he scammed you. Fortunately for me, I never sent anything money, hardware, NADA as I suspected as such he was a fake. The real Allan Peters does a lot of boating, etc. and I seriously doubt would go to the UAE. I would follow up with PP and pressure them to send your funds back (if that is the case) and contact the Fed Internet Crime section and provide them with all your info. I only had the one Email which he quickly disappeared when the questions were passed to him. Let me know what I may be able to do to help you out.....
MDSUPER88

Post by MDSUPER88 »

HEY CHRIS,SINCE YOU MENTIONED TO THE THE REAL ALLAN PETERS.WOULD NOT SCAM PEOPLE LIKE THIS IMPOSTER, THIS TELLS ME THAT THE REAL ALLAN PETERS MAY BE A VICTIM
OF IDENTITY THEFT, OF HIS AMATEUR RADIO CALL SIGN.(VA3APA)THAT SEEMS QUITE OBVIOUS. AND BTW WAY, DO YOU KNOW ALLAN PETERS PERSONALLY? HE LIVES IN TORONTO,
ONTARIO,CANADA.

IF YOU CAN HELP ME WITH THAT, IT WILL BE GREATLY APPECIATED.

73'S LESLIE K6DFWDR

PS. I HAVE BEEN DEALING ON OR WITH "QTH.COM" SINCE JUNE 2004, I HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS LIKE THIS EVER.BACK IN 2012 MID SUMMER.I MET A GOOD HAM FROM
ARKANSAS (K5XS)BERNIE SKOCH,A RETIRED US AIR FORCE BRIGADIER GENERAL. WHO RESPONDED TO AN AD FROM THE "CLEGG FM 28" TWO METER MOBILE RIG.WELL HE DECIDED TO SHIP IT TO ME FOR A TRYOUT WITH OUT ANY MONEY UP FRONT,AFTER I RECEIVED IT,I CHECKED IT OUT AND I FOUND THAT S/RF OUT PUT METER NEEDED REPLACING,SO I SENT HIM $35.00 FIRST PAYMENT AND AFTER I REPLACED THE METER, IT HAD A BLUE LED IN IT,SO I SENT GEN SKOCH $18.00 FOR THE REMAINING BALANCE. AND TOLD GEN SKOCH THAT THE RADIO WAS IN GOOD WORKING ORDER,HE WAS QUITE HAPPY EOS......YOU DON'T FIND THATMANY HAM THAT DO THIS.I HAVE QUITE A FEW HAM HAVE GIVEN ME THEIR GEAR.FREE
BECAUSE OF MY DISABILITY
w0bkr

Post by w0bkr »

Don't really want to turn this into a discussion forum here. No, I never said I knew Allen Peters and no doubt, this clown from UAE highjacked his call. That is the whole point of scamming, pretending to be someone you are not and they running off with the money/hardware.

I never sent money to anyone, nor bought or sold anything. I was ONLY contacted by "VA3APA" and knew from the way the message read it was a phoney. That is as far as it ever went with me. Thus, I posted a warning to folks to be careful if they received an email from "VA3APA". Not the first time this has happened and not the last the way it is proliferating.

No, I am not near Canada. I am in Texas. Hope all that helps somehow.

GL.