disrespectfull ham

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
ki4wvz

disrespectfull ham

Post by ki4wvz »

This is for those people out in ham land ...... why do people have to bad mouth other hams or their equipment ???

when you place an ad for sale, most do not want to hear " looks like a POS ", or i will give you 1/8 of what you
advertise it for because it has scratches ... maybe because it was in a mobile ???

most, and i say most, hams have good equipment for sale, some look better than others, some work better than others ...

this is an comment i got recently from " W4??? " [Warning: ID changed to protect other ham's privacy.]
"why don’t you take that amp and shove it up you ass sideways, it would probably look a lot better there."

i am not mad, but confused on why someone would disrespect another ham because he didn't like his amp ...

even after i told him NOT to contact me again, he sent me that comment ....

i feel sorry for him ... he must have some real problems

just saying my piece steve KI4WVZ
N9LCD

Re: disrespectfull ham

Post by N9LCD »

Interesting!

Can you tell us more?

What were you selling? What was the price?

N9LCD
ki4wvz

Post by ki4wvz »

i was selling a als-500m amp ... $600 OBO ... i realize it doesn't look great ...
i had purchased a dead item, sent to ameritron to get fixed ...
used it for awhile... put it up for sale ... did not deserve the disrespect i got ...
as the ad says best offer ... he offered $150 , i said NO,
he sent several degrading emails ... after i told him NOT TO contact me again

ive only been a ham for 6 years, but i have lived alot more ... i have respect

steve
n5wrx

Post by n5wrx »

Steve, Just listen across the bands and hear how the grown men talk to others.
14.313 is a good example of some very bad actors among our ranks.
28.385 LSB is another spot where our ham brothers like to hang out and express their feelings.
So ... after hearing the way they act on the radio ... Do you really expect then to act differently with email?