Possible Hi-Jacked call sign Scammer

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
Tallman

Possible Hi-Jacked call sign Scammer

Post by Tallman »

The possible Hi-Jacked call sign AA5AO. Listing Number: 1068125. There are several items listed for sale under this call. I purchased a Yaesu fT-757GXII-Parts Rig for a reasonable price of $150.00 shipped to my door. I sent my money on 5-28-2013 and after the transaction had been completed communications ended. No answer to emails requesting the tracking number and no answer to repeated phone calls. I have done my level best to resolve this with them to no avail. It is now in the hands of PayPal and on Monday I am going to the office of the U.S Attorney General to file charges of wire fraud.

*Update*
PayPal has refunded my money due to non-shipment of the radio. I can't be 100% sure if I was dealing with the owner of the call sign or not. If it was, well I won't go any further, but what goes around comes around. Maybe the attractive price was just bait for trap, but if he wanted more money I would have been willing to negotiate. I would recommend using PayPal when dealing with people you don't know. It saved me money this time. The U.S.Attorney General is still interested in this case even though I received a refund. I won't push the issue, but I can't say they won't.
If you've done your research and you still have to ask questions, you probably still won't understand the answer. Kilo Kilo 4 Romeo Hotel Foxtrot