READING AN AD

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
K9FW

READING AN AD

Post by K9FW »

When you read an ad, read the whole ad and follow the instructions in the ad.
Such as how to contact the seller and what to include in the first contact with the seller. Also many questions have been asked that are already in the ad. So PLEASE read the ad and follow the ad's instructions.
Thanks, Al K9FW
N1EQ

Post by N1EQ »

Nice try, but I doubt the lazy readers will actually read your post. :D
ni4z

Re: READING AN AD

Post by ni4z »

Al,

You are exactly right. Read the ad, and if you don't understand, email the seller for information. In fact I posted much earlier that buyers and sellers would both be better served to read the ads rather than posting and taking up bandwidth. For example there are two ads on right now just a few lines from each other for Kenwood TS-60 six meter rigs. One ham wants a TS-60 and one wants to sell a TS-60 and likely these two will never get together. This is a rare rig too.

I guess you and I see things differently Al.

Condy NI4Z

BTW, many thanks to Scott, KA9FOX for this site and the forum.
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

READ AND UNDERSTAND!!!

I was trading emails with an overseas ham about the sale of an IC-271A and Astron SS-30 power supply. Descriptions, pictures, etc. After a week of trading emails, "WOULD YOU TAKE PAYPAL?"

And the ad clearly said, "NO PAYPAL".

I guess reading is one thing and comprehending is something else!
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

Forgot my call in the preceeding post.

Operator error.

N9LCD
kg8lb

Post by kg8lb »

Usually the first thing I look for when dealing with an unknown is to see if they are Paypal ready . If not , unless I know them well or they are a local , there is no reason to even reply . Yes , I read the ads , they often say loads about who you are dealing with .
OK, So where are the filters now ?