Fraud Alert

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
wa5moe

Fraud Alert

Post by wa5moe »

I just got ripped off from a Posting here in Classifieds about a tube tester a guy supposedly had for sale for $250 + shipping ($283 for me) in late May. He advertised it under the name of Brian Hunter (email brianhunter231@gmail.com). When he said it was still available I was told to send the check made out to his good friend Justin Depolis in Corona, CA. I sent a USPS MO to him and never received a thing. I kept all the correspondence and my USPS MO receipt. Brian Hunter assured me the tube tester was on the way and even sent UPS updatings for an item that was never sent. The whole thing was a scam to begin with. I finally went to the internet for a search for Justin Depolis (he's licensed) and found this guy is a total fraud crook who's been operating since back in 2004. Everything people here on this site are saying about how to conduct business is exactly right on and dumb me unknowlingly broke all the rules of common internet sense. Don't get stung like I did. I've already written off the loss but I'll be smarter in the future. ...........Mike, WA5MOE.
K4TEC

dont give up

Post by K4TEC »

Falls under the catagory of mail fraud,, go that route

https://postalinspectors.uspis.gov/form ... laint.aspx

you can try his local police?

Good Luck OM
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

Justin Depolis KE6EIL is his call.

Lots of stuff on him:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Justin+ ... 80&bih=878