KF4UFY

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kf4ufy

Post by kf4ufy »

You are truly a wonderful person, David, for being concerned, and for wanting to help me to get out of this situation. I don't even know how to fully express the amount of gratitude I have to you and everyone else on here for being kind to me and sharing positive words. I honestly only expected to be seen as yet another ham who owes another ham money. I certainly didn't expect to receive the amount of grace, acceptance, and understanding that I did here.

On the contrary, I am in shock by how others have gone out of their way to be merciful to me. Even Mr Moreno himself, when I was corresponding with him about this situation, was always very nice and considerate toward me. I can't speak one single bad word about him at all. He was never rude or demanding in any way. I think Mr Moreno, like me, wanted closure on this situation, and without hearing something from me about it, he was unable to have it.

Even if nothing is paid on my behalf, I can honestly say that this experience has restored my heart and faith so much. It's easy to feel bitter when you've been through hard times, but I can say from the bottom of my heart that I am thankful that everything worked out like it did - not because of anybody taking care of this debt for me - but because this situation has renewed my soul and reminded me that as long as you are still alive, situations are never completely hopeless.

One day when I am in a better financial situation, I will pay this kind act forward, and it is most certainly a blessing I will never forget.

Thank you again to this wonderful ham community and 73,

KF4UFY
af6vm

Post by af6vm »

David- It looks like we have a variety of offers to help, which is awesome. Might I suggest you send off a check, then divide that amount by the number of folks who want to help, and we'll all send you a check for our share?.... or something like that? You have my contact info in any case.
W8UAB

Resolution

Post by W8UAB »

I received a reply from Jaime K5WFF this morning. I will be sending him a check for $60.00 to close this out.

Thank you again to Bob, Don and Wesley for your additional support. Don suggested that we divide the amount between us ($15.00 each) and I think that is a swell idea! Send it to my QRZ address or email me for my PayPal info. I'll send the payment promptly.

When this is finished, I will ask Jaime politely to lock this thread.

Life is good...

David
kf4ufy

Post by kf4ufy »

I'm very happy to read that Jaime finally replied to you. I never heard anything from him. It's a huge relief to know this will be settled soon. And thank you to everyone else who offered to help too. I wish for blessings and favor on all of you guys!

And yes, life is good! I had another MAJOR blessing happen to my family today that I can't speak about on here but it's another example of God and life being good.

I wish I could give you all a big hug. Maybe one day I will see you guys at Dayton and be able to make that happen.

Kami

:P
af6vm

Post by af6vm »

Check will be in tomorrows mail David. 73
kf4ufy

Post by kf4ufy »

Thank you so much Don. I still can't believe the level of generosity that's been shown here. I still struggle in knowing how to show how much I appreciate it.

On another note that is completely off topic of this post, I googled my own callsign tonight and found where my very first contact on HF wrote a blog entry about having a QSO with me. I never knew this was written, and it made my day to find it.

This was written in 2009 after I first upgraded to General. I want to share it with other people, but I know my non-ham friends won't appreciate it like anybody who is involved in ham radio, so I thought I'd share it here.

http://kl8dx.blogspot.com/2009/11/twitter-to-20.html

PS - this was also from a time where I had a lot more power to my station. I don't have this nice of a setup anymore. I don't have an amp anymore, and my 20 meter beam is only 3 elements instead of 6 elements.
W8UAB

Update

Post by W8UAB »

Update:

I have sent $60.00 to Jaime via US mail. I will let everyone involved know when he confirms he has received delivery of the funds.

Don, I received your donation and I have sent PayPal money requests to Wesley and Bob for their offers to contribute.

David
kf4ufy

Post by kf4ufy »

Thanks for the update, David. I'm happy that this is about to be resolved.

Message me and let me know who sends you money (I already know Don has) because I want to send them a thank you card.

- Kami
KF4UFY
kd8rhy

Re: Update

Post by kd8rhy »

W8UAB wrote:Update:

I have sent $60.00 to Jaime via US mail. I will let everyone involved know when he confirms he has received delivery of the funds.

Don, I received your donation and I have sent PayPal money requests to Wesley and Bob for their offers to contribute.

David
good job sir.happy to help.