loss of money

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
smokie days

loss of money

Post by smokie days »

:( beware of this call sign n0ghs On june 27 I sent mr blair 1050.00 for a ft950 I sent two usps money orders 1 for 1000.00 and 1 for 50.00 for shipping. per our conversation prior to my sending the money.I recieved the green receipt card he had signed and accepted the payment.Onjuly 5 i called don and he stated he had not shipped the radio and would ship mon.7-9-12 i thought that was weird on july 12 i asked him for a tracking number which he sent me that was a bogus # he was shipping by usps they had no record of the #.I am still without radio or money that i requested he return to me so be aware .My call is w4klk steve kelly
W3RXO

Is there any resolution to report?

Post by W3RXO »

I am wondering if there is any resolution to this transaction? As a frequent seller and buyer, I have found that the Postal Service, while usually doing a good job of delivering parcels, has a tracking system, which leaves a lot to be desired. That makes me wonder if this transaction might actually have just been a matter of someone who is a lazy shipper, combined with a SLOW Postal Service. If he rig was shipped USPS Parcel Post, it will ship slowly, after the delay of the shipper, waiting to ship.
Trust me, if the guy deserves ripping him apart, for unethical behavior, I am all for it, but, consequently, some sellers are simply lazy about shipping, and then, if they use the slowest possible shipping method (USPS Parcel Post) it will seem like an eternity to get your item. But, don't ever trust that you'll get accurate tracking info, from the Postal Service. They are great to ship with, but two things bad about the Postal service, are their insurance and their tracking system.[/u][/i]
If you don't love it leave it. Let this...be your warning, when you're running down my country man, you're walking on the fighting side of me.
Merle Haggard
W5AAT

Parcel Post !!! MY USPS EXPERIENCE (FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH)

Post by W5AAT »

W3RXO is absolutely, 100% correct. Parcel Post is the WORST way to send anything of value. It took two weeks to get a small scope shipped from Massachusetts to MS! I really began to think that the guy had ripped me off. I waited before I went off and I was rewarded. But two weeks??
Now, Priority Mail has worked out pretty well for me for smaller items. I once shipped an Icom 735 via the Priority system and saved around 30.00 as opposed to UPS! But for the bigger stuff, stay away from the US Postal service.
I have to amend that statement slightly. For really high value items, nothing beats registered insured mail delivery. I've had several very high dollar US coin shipments completed both ways through that process and it works beautifully as things are "locked up" and accounted for each step of the way.
So hang in there for just a while longer and you may be pleasantly surprised, as I was. I sure hope you get your package!
Todd / WA5XX
dondg

n0ghs

Post by dondg »

like i told you i don`t know where it is so i am refunding money 8/1/2012
so if it shows up there some time if the usps brings it sent it back if you would.

sorry this deal did not go like we wanted it to
dondg

money sent

Post by dondg »

here is tracking number sent for overnight you should have it to day or friday
EG567977817US

AND FOR NOW ON I WILL USE UPS OR FEDEX ONLY
W3RXO

Post by W3RXO »

Don't limit yourself. USPS Priority Mail, whether or not, you use a flat rate box, is a very good way to ship. Just don't bother with the insurance. They broke an LDG Autotuner I bought, back in April, and I am STILL waiting for them to pay. They don't seem to want to act on the issue. But they are fast, and pretty efficient, they just don't like to pay off on their insurance, unless there is obvious damage on their part. If you ship by them, make sure you mark FRAGILE all over the box, as they will happily deny your claim, if there is insufficient Fragile labeling, on the package.
If you don't love it leave it. Let this...be your warning, when you're running down my country man, you're walking on the fighting side of me.
Merle Haggard
smokie days

recovery of my money

Post by smokie days »

Today 8-3-12 I recieved from mr donald blair the sum of 900.00 as return of my payment for a ft950 which never arrived at my address.I am thanking you although it has been over a month in the works.Remember you still have a 100.00 of mine as I told you I would forget the 50.00 and chalk it up to experience. please forward the rest of my money asap.again thank you w4klk steve kelly