Poor dealings with K4JEW Jeff

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
eaglenest608

Poor dealings with K4JEW Jeff

Post by eaglenest608 »

Hi, am leaving my feedback for this ham for an ad on this site. It is for Listing #1000879..battery pack and charger. We came to terms on July 21st and I paid promptly that day...was this past Saturday. I knew it would not ship out until Monday due to it being the weekend. I requested tracking info which he said would be provided once shipped. I waited until Tues. afternoon to email inquiring about the tracking info to which he stated it was just being shipped out that day and I would get it that night when his wife got home.

As of this afternoon at 1pm, I still had not received anything so I emailed him yet again apologizing for bothering him but asking for the tracking info or I would be looking into getting my money back. I just wanted to know when to be home so that it did not get stolen since it is a valuable piece of equipment for me. He then replied back stating he would just give me a refund and that was it. I replied back stating that was not what I wanted...just proof it had shipped since he had my money for 5 days now. However, I got an email stating my money had been refunded and no reply from him about anything.

So, if you see this up for sale by him, I would highly suggest getting proof of shipment first and then pay or you may end up with the same trouble as me. Now I have to go looking again for something that I should have already had in my possession given the distance where he lives vs me.

Just to let everyone know, I am on Ebay and have bought and sold over 300 items and have perfect feedback so this is not a payback thing but just an fyi to whomever deals with him in the future.

Thanks and 73s, Roy KB3ROY
K4JEW

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed I see

Post by K4JEW »

It is true I did not send him a tracking number as I told him I would. But I too am on ebay with over 500+ positive feedback check it out if you want. avparts2010 but this is not Ebay.I have sold a few items here with positive feed back check it out under my old call sign. KJ4LDE But the tone of his email. I reduced the price as requested and free freight just to give it a good home as I no longer need the items. And this is the thanks I get. I refunded his money promptly and apologized to him.

Thanks
Jeff Goldensoph
K4JEW
eaglenest608

Re: Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed I see

Post by eaglenest608 »

K4JEW wrote:It is true I did not send him a tracking number as I told him I would. But I too am on ebay with over 500+ positive feedback check it out if you want. avparts2010 but this is not Ebay.I have sold a few items here with positive feed back check it out under my old call sign. KJ4LDE But the tone of his email. I reduced the price as requested and free freight just to give it a good home as I no longer need the items. And this is the thanks I get. I refunded his money promptly and apologized to him.

Thanks
Jeff Goldensoph
K4JEW
You did so even after I sent an email to you stating I did not want the refund...only the tracking info as I wanted the item that I already had paid for and the agreed upon transaction that was completed by myself but not you apparently since you could provide no proof you had shipped out the item???
eaglenest608

Post by eaglenest608 »

Oh, and the reason for wanting the tracking info was to know when I would be receiving the items just in case they would by chance be stolen off of my porch before I would get to them. Not everyone lives in a fancy, smancy area that is full of honest and law abiding citizens.

So, once again, if this is a bad thing, then I don't know what a good reason for requesting that info is and maybe you can enlighten me on this as well.

73s
eaglenest608

Post by eaglenest608 »

Thank you and have a nice day. People saw this and it is on other sites as well so just because it may end here...it will still be in other places. Peace and 73s
eaglenest608

Post by eaglenest608 »

Basically, the purpose was as I stated....to warn others to be wary of making arrangements with the noted ham operator so that the same thing does not happen to them.

I thought ham operators were honorable but as this is the first time I have tried to purchase something from one off of these ham sites, in my mind I can safely say that if all are like this guy then I will stick to Ebay and other b&m stores where I have had no issues with.
ke5oah

5days

Post by ke5oah »

If a person can't get around to shipping a item within 2to3days after recieving payment they really don't need to be selling.