I know why he said "money order only" !

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K9RLB

I know why he said "money order only" !

Post by K9RLB »

I just purchased 4 tubes - decided shipping was easier although seller was a couple hours away. Anyway, They arrived and looked okay - so I sat them back until I had some time. All junk, flat - my Hickok says so, and my Yaesu agrees! So, please, if it says "money order only" ask yourself why, and if the price is worth the risk. I have dealt with a lot of great people on here, and have never before been burned by a money order only person - - - - until now. Thanks a lot, fellow hoosier ham - for dumping your burned up garbage on me.
w1wn

Post by w1wn »

The site works best if you identify the ham with whom you had the transaction so others will know and that ham will have the opportunity to respond.

Dave, w1wn
W4LTD

Re: I know why he said "money order only" !

Post by W4LTD »

K9RLB wrote: ...if it says "money order only" ask yourself why, and if the price is worth the risk. I have dealt with a lot of great people on here, and have never before been burned by a money order only person...
I guess I am missing something here, but what is wrong with money order payments? I stopped taking PayPal after being "burned" twice and now I choose to accept USPS money orders. They are safe and I usually cash them while I am at the post office shipping the package to the buyer, very convenient.
ab7r

money orders

Post by ab7r »

My bank now puts an automatic hold on all postal money orders due to some past fraud with them. The branch I use has actuall had two fake postal money orders presented. From now on I will go to the PO to cash them instead of depositing them.

Greg
AB7R
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

i to have been burned by pay pal looks like you are dealing with a dishonest ham. sorry i know how you feel myself i prefer a postal money order or a personnel check and ship after personnel check clears. here is a phone number to verifie your postal money orders they will tell you if it is good or not. 1-866-459-7822 just give them the info off the money order. 73s
localjunkpeddler

NO PayPal

Post by localjunkpeddler »

I agree with Danny. If I sell you something, why should PayPal get a piece of my action?? I have noticed that a lot of sellers ask their buyers to pay the Fee, this is also wrong.
If you accept PayPal only, then be prepared to pay for their "insurance." Also be prepared to miss out on a lot of potential lasting friendships that are created when doing business the "old school" way.
I ship most things on "TRUST "anyway. SO trust this:
Our gear are just things .......I came into this world with nothing, and I will leave the same way...........Lee, K4LJP
"Always drink upstream of the herd"
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I've used pay pal since it's conception almost. They saved me $800.00 dollars one time on a scam and i got my money back while still on the phone talking to them. If i ever have a situation where as pay pal i feel does me wrong i guess i would feel bitter towards them also. But with there millions of accounts there has to be some unhappy customers for what ever reason. To me it's worth being charged the 3.25% for there service and i never ask for the buyer to pay the fee.
Larry Huff K0pd
w0bkr

Re: I know why he said "money order only" !

Post by w0bkr »

W4LTD wrote:
K9RLB wrote: ...if it says "money order only" ask yourself why, and if the price is worth the risk. I have dealt with a lot of great people on here, and have never before been burned by a money order only person...
I guess I am missing something here, but what is wrong with money order payments? I stopped taking PayPal after being "burned" twice and now I choose to accept USPS money orders. They are safe and I usually cash them while I am at the post office shipping the package to the buyer, very convenient.[/quote

AMEN to that!!! Pay Pal is a rip off to Sellers many times, and USPS as stated, great way to go. Take the USPS Money order to the USPS, cash it, get your item shipped and walk away with your money. No holding a check, no waiting on Pay Pal to free up YOUR money.]