New to ham radio and need to sell a lot of equipment.

Let others help you to determine what a piece of equipment is worth, before you put it up for sale.
newtoham

New to ham radio and need to sell a lot of equipment.

Post by newtoham »

I have a friend whose husband passed away, and he was a ham radio operator. She knows I buy and sell vintage electronics (I collect old calculators), so she asked me to sell the equipment. I did my best to research the equipment and come up with fair prices on everything, and I was wondering if anyone could please take a look at my list and let me know if the prices are fair? Also I was wondering if it's better to post the equipment on Craigslist or on eBay? I do sell on eBay, and I have a 100 percent feedback on there. I don't believe I can post here because I'm not a licensed operator. Thanks so much for any help you can give! Here is the list of equipment:

1. Kenwood SP-23 Desktop Speaker, excellent condition, $80

2. Kenwood MC-60 Microphone, excellent condition, $90

3. Heil GM-4 (HC-5) Microphone, comes with original box, case, instructions, new condition, $65

4. Heil Proline Boom Model PL-2 with PTT switch and Audio Technica Shock Mount, excellent condition, $55

5. MFJ-299 Microphone, comes with original box and instructions, excellent like new condition, $40

6. AARL Handbook 2000, 77th Edition, like new, $5

7. MFJ Versa Tuner V, MFJ-989C, comes with instructions and cables, very good condition, $120

8. Henry 3KD Premier Linear Amplifier, comes with all instructions manuals and original receipt, mint condition, $1400

9. Yaesu YS-60 SWR Power Meter, comes with instructions, excellent condition, $100

10. Micronata 144/440 MHz SWR/ Power Meter, very good condition, $30

11. Lafayette SWR and Field Strength Meter No. 99-25835, comes with box instructions, and antenna, $10

12. Koss Pro-4A Headphones $8

13. Rystl Model SH-401 Headphone $2

14. Realistic TRC-434 Navaho CB Base Station, very good condition, $40

15 Radio Shack Pro-2044 Home Scanner, comes with power supply and instructions, very good condition, $40

16. Amateur Radio Log Books, 4 of them never used, excellent condition, $5

17. Realistic Weather Radio, works great, excellent condition, $15

18. Midland International Model 23-138, missing knob, good condition, value ?

19. Kenwood/Heil PTT Footswitch AD-1-K, new, value ?
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

As far as i know you would be allowed to sell on here. You can contact Scott the administrater of the site to be sure but other wise i see no problem with you selling Ham related items on here.
Larry Huff K0pd
K4ICL

Query regarding selling estate equipment on the chat site...

Post by K4ICL »

NewToHam:

This portion of this site is for discussions regarding the worth of equipment. The QTH.com Classified Site is for buying and selling equipment, such as you have to sell. You will need to post ads to sell the equipment on the QTH.com CLASSIFIED site, and not here on this site.

You do not have to have a call sign to buy or sell ham equipment on the QTH Classified site. You do need to be sure the equipment is directly related to ham radio, however.

Also, if any of your the equipment is a transmitting device, you must indicate in the ads for such transmitting equipment that you are selling for an estate of a ham who had passed away. Be sure to indicate his call sign so readers will understanding whose gear you are selling. The reason for this is non-licensed users may not sell ANY transmitting device on our classified site. The single exception to this rule is given to non-hams selling a friend or relative's gear. But, you must indicate that ham's call sign. Of course, if you already have you ham license this is a moot point.

To access the Classified site and start posting ads, click on the choice Classifieds Home, seen at the top of this page.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please send me an email at k4icl@k4icl.com.

Cheers,

AL
K4ICL
Volunteer Monitor
newtoham

Post by newtoham »

Al,

Thanks so much for the information. The widow that I'm selling the equipment for told me several times that she doesn't want me to use his name or address because she's worried about strangers coming to her house, so I probably shouldn't use his call number too. I'll list the equipment on eBay. 73