IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRICE

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
w3nrl

IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRICE

Post by w3nrl »

If you don't like the price just keep reading on to the next ad posted no need to write insults to the seller, if you do expect more of the same in return, at least from me any way. :P
Best of 73
de w3nrl
nick
N6MYA

RE: If you don't like the price .....

Post by N6MYA »

So if the item is priced equal to or more than a new unit, you shouldn't ask if they want to re-think the selling price and get back to you?
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

If you don't like the price:

1. Don't waste your time & bandwidth arguing with the seller.

2. Don't get the "I gotta get it" syndrome!

N9LCD
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

If you don't like the price say so, and toss back an offer. You can even point out the errors in the sellers ways. For instance if a seller wants $25 more for his used rig than you can get it new for at Joe Ham's Ham Radio Store, point that out.

It is called negotiating.....and always be nice. Insults serve no purpose.
Steve - KA9MOT
w0bkr

Re: IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PRICE

Post by w0bkr »

w3nrl wrote:If you don't like the price just keep reading on to the next ad posted no need to write insults to the seller, if you do expect more of the same in return, at least from me any way. :P
I agree with that....unless you (potential buyer) want to make an offer, but to tell someone their price is too high, or I can get that from AES for XX, etc. Just look for something somewhere else...simple.
W3RXO

Post by W3RXO »

Yes, the key to this, is civility. It is not productive to insult people, regarding their perceived idea, on the value of their item for sale.
Personally, if I had an interest in something, which someone is selling, but asking for too much money, I would politely offer what I believe is a reasonable price, and why I believe so, I would then leave it up to the seller to decide if my offer is fair, or not. But, it is simply not productive, to bandy about opinions, and act like YOU are the arbiter of fair pricing. A seller has the freedom to ask what he wants, just like a buyer has the right to not pay that much. The only harm in so doing, is an item that simply does not sell. Believe me, if the seller really wants to sell an item, the price will adjust, eventually.
If you don't love it leave it. Let this...be your warning, when you're running down my country man, you're walking on the fighting side of me.
Merle Haggard
kd4lyh

Post by kd4lyh »

Well when it comes to used equipment, some people must think they have gold and their price reflects that. Some people get insulted if you make them a reasonable offer. Over the years I seen the used equpment market turn into "show and tell" not "not buy and sell" Once in awhile you will find some equipment priced like it should be, it dont last long generally. I will continue my quest in search of whatever I may be lookiing for at the time. If I insult someone by making them an offer so be it. I just move on. Just my 2 cents.
W3RXO

Post by W3RXO »

As it should be, for both buyers and sellers. If someone isn't happy with a price, make an offer. If it's reasonable, great, if not, politely decline and move on. Too bad more folks aren't like you.
If you don't love it leave it. Let this...be your warning, when you're running down my country man, you're walking on the fighting side of me.
Merle Haggard
w0bkr

Price

Post by w0bkr »

For me, if I post a price and state no trades, no low ball offers, price firm, it is just that. Yet, I frequently get the ya hoo that thinks I should donate the item.

I had one lid from California, a Tech, respond to a post I have, (I won't post his call here), that contacted me, stated, I will purchase your item.

Okay, fine. I ask for a callsign and zip code so I can get things ready. Comes back and asks if my price is negotiable...if it had been, it would have clearly stated, OBO or make offer.

Funny, after stating will purchase to now, wants to negotiate.
Then comes back and said his "offer" was fair. I went back and said to move on, my posted price is below what others are selling for, and that mine was fair.

I sold it for the price posted to another decent op.

The lid comes back...did you sell the item for your price?

I never bothered to reply. Guy was trying to be a jerk and I won't waste my time.

He basically wanted a less then $100 item for $10 plus less than posted, plus, I pay the shipping totally, another $10-15, all total, a reduction of $25. No thanks. I wasn't born yesterday and don't do charity to individuals that can afford the item to begin with.

There are a lot of these types out there. I could tell you about another chap that wanted an item from me for greatly less than its value....it got sold the same day to a deserving op.