Any info for Sandor Wetsel KG4FET

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
VE3TMT

Any info for Sandor Wetsel KG4FET

Post by VE3TMT »

On June 1 I placed an ad looking for a cord relief for a D104, and promptly received a reply from Andy. I fired off payment through PayPal, Andy confirmed receipt and advised parts would be in the mail the following Monday. To date nothing has been received, and emails to Andy remain unanswered. Wondering if anyone knows Andy and can advise if everything is okay.

Thank you,
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

June 23rd received the following email:

"I was going through packaging on my bench this morning and found your envelope. I am so sorry it got missed in the stuff going out. It will be on it's way Monday first thing. Post office is closed in my little town today."

Still nothing, no tracking number or mail confirmation number. I can't file a dispute with PayPal as I was asked to enter the transaction as a "gift"

If and when something shows up, I'll advise, but until then I would dealing with Sandor, or Andy as I guess he prefers to be called. Good thing all I may have lost was $10.
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

Are you looking for the spring cord relief that comes out of the base of the mic? I have one you can have.

Email me your shipping info @ ka9mot@gmail.com
Steve - KA9MOT
KA9MOT

Post by KA9MOT »

BTW, I've traded with Sandor in the past and had no problems. Something may have happened. I'll make it good for him.
Steve - KA9MOT
kk9a

PayPal Gift?

Post by kk9a »

VE3TMT wrote:I can't file a dispute with PayPal as I was asked to enter the transaction as a "gift".
I don't think that it is ever a good idea to purchase something and mark your payment as a gift. I would be very concerned about doing business with someone requesting that I send payment this way. You have no proof that you paid for the item. You are also cheating PayPal out of their fees for the service that they provided. If I wanted to ensure that seller got their entire asking price I would add the PayPal fees to the total, in this case I believe it's only $0.59.
VE3TMT

Post by VE3TMT »

Andy has refunded my payment and the package is yet in the mail again. Thanks Andy, I will keep an eye out for it and when it arrives I will gladly sent the payment to you.

Max