All traders and buyers beware w1cia Don Haaker

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
k7bmz

All traders and buyers beware w1cia Don Haaker

Post by k7bmz »

I conducted a trade with this so called honest man w1cia Don and have ended up with the trade costing me over $800 in merchandise, shipping cost and repairs. I traded and excellent operating FT-450 and MD-1 desk mic for a promised working as it should Swan 700cx. The Swan is completely inoperable and has to be completely refurbished. Don was completely dishonest in telling me it works as it should and I am out the radio gear value I traded him as well as the repair and shipping cost to have the Swan 700cx and 117 power supply completely refurbished. It was anything but a trade in good faith on w1cia's side!!
BEWARE THIS GUY WILL CHEAT YOU!!
W1QJ

Post by W1QJ »

Am I crazy or is that one hell of an upside down trade?
donate life
N8SUT

Post by N8SUT »

Was experiencing issue on HTX-100 purchased from Don. Please see comment below.
Last edited by N8SUT on Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:11 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ke5oah

HTX 100

Post by ke5oah »

Mic elements go bad on that 10m stuff quite often. But those htx100/hr2510 are tough radios. So i would say if it wasn't working on ssb when you got it,it wasn't working when it was shipped.
N8SUT

Re: HTX 100

Post by N8SUT »

ke5oah wrote:Mic elements go bad on that 10m stuff quite often. But those htx100/hr2510 are tough radios. So i would say if it wasn't working on ssb when you got it,it wasn't working when it was shipped.
Yep, that is my thought, but who really knows. Strange things sometimes happen. I work in a shipping warehouse where all we do all day is ship really high end commercial and industrial controls and PLC type devices. I frequently put $20,000+ worth of stuff in a single shipping box. Believe me, I've had some wierd stuff like this happen to me and always appreciate when people are understanding, so I'm always willing to give the benefit of the doubt. The silence is what is sending up skyrockets here. As long as the seller is communicating with me and trying to reach resolution, I assume they are not trying to cover anything up. I would think someone who KNEW that radio worked when they put it in the box would be doing everything in their power to find out what was really going on. Just one man's opinion

UPDATE. Don, got back to me and is working with me on the HTX problem I had. FWIW, I should have been more patient. Sometimes it is just hard to do! I believe in the delay he was trying to figure out a way to resolve the issue, or offer me a solution option. Shame on me here!! I will admit I opened mouth and inserted foot. It happens, I just wanted to set the story straight! Don is trying hard on my issue. My apoligies, Dan
mike15601

Post by mike15601 »

I've fixed several HTX-100 mics over the years. Easiest way is to buy a cheap new CB hand mic for under $10 and install the element in the HTX-100 mic. Works very well.
ke5oah

HTX 100

Post by ke5oah »

Thats good that he is trying to work with you on getting the problem solved. Things do happen in shipping,that i do understand. Im happy to hear that don cares to try to work with ya. I quess im kinda odd or something?? When i sell a something on here and someone asks me a question for example: when am i shipping,tracking num,have i received payment,etc. I respond to their questions as soon as i can. I believe if someone sends me money for an item that they have the right to have their questions answered in reasonable amount of time. Most sellers i have done bussiness with on here does not have the same standards as i do.