KK4CWA not to be trusted (another bad experience)

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
tsjacobs

KK4CWA not to be trusted (another bad experience)

Post by tsjacobs »

I received a call from Justin A. from Tuscon, Az. He saw my thread regarding KK4CWA questionable business practices and wanted to tell me about his bad experience. Justin paid Sean for an NC-183 advertised as working with speaker cables and spare tubes. After Sean received payment; he did his disappearing act until Justin finally tracked him down. Sean said he was having trouble getting a carrier to pickup the wooden crate that he had packed the receiver in. Justin waited again but no shipping number from Sean. Justin hired a carrier at additional cost to pickup the unit at Sean's address. When Justin finally received the NC-183 it was a disaster. The receiver had been packed in a single cardboard box (no evidence of wooden crate) with some peanuts thrown in. The box had been taped back together by the carrier. The NC-183 was damaged both externally and internally. The power transformer in the receiver ,which appeared to be a tacked -on replacement, was shipped with one nut and bolt connecting it to chassis. This broke away during shipment and did a total destruct to interior of the receiver.and destroyed the transformer leads. Justin has never seen the matching speaker, cables or spare tubes promised by Sean. Lucky for Justin he was insured.
I am writing this for Justin since he is studying to get his license and doesn't know his way around the forums and felt bad that his first exposure to Ham radio was so poor.
This is a repetitive theme for Sean. He appears to lose all motivation to follow through and do a good job after he receives payment. My opinion is he is not to be trusted.
w8jn

Shame on Sean

Post by w8jn »

Sean ,
You had your chance to rectify your mistakes and prove your honesty. You have shown otherwise.
Paul w8jn[/list]
rocketsci2001

You got it wrong again. I do not accept liability for this.

Post by rocketsci2001 »

Justin wanted the radio for SWL, but when I heard he was in Arizona i told him it was local pickup only.

I tried to sell him a newer digital radio for less with free shipping.

I knew what shipping this thing would be like before all this happened.I offered to ship the radio in a crate.

justin called fedex at his work to come and get the radio and I only had it single boxed. he said I wanted too much to crate the radio and ship it.

I called him and he said to let the man have it as I was taking too long to finish the crate which i was doing against doctors advice on working hard and between medical treatments every 2 days, 3 hours each way to and from the hospitol.

the man said it was insured, I let him have it, I told Justin if something happened I could not be responsible.

I have put him onto a radio repair man, gave him advice to fix the lid and panel lip and offered to send him replacement tubes he says were broken.

He did not think Fed Ex would damage his radio as his work used them to mail bulky objects single boxed all the time.

He really did not know much about radio and wanted to buy it for SWL purposes.

I tried to sell him a lightweight table top digital all mode receiver for les WITH FREEshipping to talk him out of trying to get the radio to Arizona, less without a crate.

So it arrives with a ding in the back, 1 knob missing and some tubes broken from a loose transformer(they must have used this radio for soccer.)

He chose the mode and speed of delivery and look what he got.

Shame on all of you for blaming me with this

I will be sending him tubes worth over $50 to help him out but no one is going to blame me on this one.
rocketsci2001

w8jn, you are way out of line

Post by rocketsci2001 »

Before you speak you should have asked my side of the story.
this is nothing more than a big witch hunt.\\

To think i wanted to be in ham radio since I was a boy and have people like you taking sides without looking at both sides.

No wonder the hobby nearly died out.

however you will not rain on my parade.
rocketsci2001

speaker

Post by rocketsci2001 »

I did not foward the speaker until I got home and seen it was not shipped by my help.

I have packed inside the speaker cabinet 2 6al5 tubes,2 6v6 and 1 5u4 tube

It is double boxed and packed well.

Since he blames me for the damage to his radio in which he wanted cheaper shipping than he paid against my advice, i want a public apology from him, he knew the xformer was replaced and it had 3 screws tight when it left, the xformer was what came in it when i got it. he knew this.

I had no time to unplug and wrap the tubes as the fedex man wanted it right then being his second trip here andjustin, he said to let him have it.

So I let him have it telling the shipper I was not responsible for the damages as it was not packed right.

My wife and son were my witnesses to what i told justin and the fedex man

The man came the day before to get it but it was not boxed.

I bubble wrapped it and boxed it with the lid open so i could unplug and pack the tubes in a box and place it in the radio

the fedex man came next day and justin wanted his radio so let the man have it, he taped it up and said it would be ok , same as Justin said.

I hurt my back building that crate and it sits half finished and i get blamed for my efforts when justin never bought a radio this size and did not heed my advice to buy it and try to ship it to Arizona and then did not listen and complained of the shipping cost andd sent Fedex from his work here to get it.

I offered him a smaller more modern table top radio, it was an ICOM. with free shipping to forget the NC183d.

My wife and i now see she was right in that i should have refused to sell it to him but he hounded me until i was mentally tired of hearing him.

It got to where I did not want to open my email or answer the phone when Justin wanted to buy that radio. thats why i sold it to him.

So he would leave me alone.
CASE CLOSED
w8jn

BOO HOO HOO

Post by w8jn »

Y'all sing along..... Gloom dispair agony on me, deep dark depression excessive misery. If it werent for bad luck I'd have no luck at all, gloom dispair agony on me
rocketsci2001

you are being childish now

Post by rocketsci2001 »

W8JN,

Grow up and get some backbone and maturity and quit flaming others. You are not a true ham in any sense of the word I know of.

You are the kind of ham who would run a 1.5kw linear in a QSO party to squelch all the 100 watters trying to operate in a true sportsmanship manner with minimal power and interference

And you are the kind of ham who would tune up his radio on a contest channel and make noises in the mic like whistling and trying to make random wind sounds.

How many coaxes have you pinned just to be mean .

Have you ever offered to ELMER anyone or just doing things for your own self.
again
GROW UP.
w8jn

Rubber and Glue

Post by w8jn »

I am rubber you are glue. Everything you say bounces off of me and sticks to you! NYUK NYUK NYUK!!!!!!
rocketsci2001

childish

Post by rocketsci2001 »

There is little hope for you so i will pray for you.

you cannot argue with fools drunks or children and you are childish and foolish but I cannot say of the third because I do not know your vices.

Your post can serve no further purposes.
goodbye
w8jn

Liar

Post by w8jn »

Liar Liar Pants on Fire!!!!!
kd8rhy

Re: Liar

Post by kd8rhy »

w8jn wrote:Liar Liar Pants on Fire!!!!!
Funny! :lol:

W8JN, never argue with a fool, they will drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.. :wink:
rocketsci2001

Post by rocketsci2001 »

kd8rhy

Who is the bigger fool then.

One who listens to both sides with an open mind to justice ?or one who is lead deaf and dumb by a blind fool like the one you are following ?

I will pray for you both at tonights church services.

Again, you are not hurting me at all.

You sadden me and hundreds of other hams with your poor behavior.

That hurts the whole ham community.
rocketsci2001

Post by rocketsci2001 »

Hiram Percy Maxim would roll over in his grave if he knew Ham Radio had degenerated into this mess you 2 are trying to play.

He would be saddened deeply as I am sure that other hams reading this are saddened by both of your efforts and behaviors
mike15601

Post by mike15601 »

There are so many "wrongs" here I don't even know where to begin.

When you agree to a business transaction and accept payment... which you did... you are obligated to fulfill the transaction timely. Justin should have had the radio in his possession within a week of payment... not one or two months later. Your "business" life and "personal" life are two different things entirely. If you cannot fulfill a business transaction due to personal reasons... then you need to wait to conduct business until you can. If you realized you couldn't fulfill the transaction after accepting it, then you needed to contact Justin with an explanation and issued a refund immediately. You had every chance to refuse his business... yet you agreed.

You claim you are "slow" and blame Justin for being "impatient". Don't you think these are two very contradictory statements to make?

Very few of your excuses hold any merit. Blaming Justin for not buying the Icom as an "easy out" for you holds no merit. Saying your wife and son are "witnesses" doesn't hold merit since they are far from impartial.

Do the right thing and let Justin return the radio for a full refund and reimburse him for shipping expenses incurred. There is absolutely no excuse for someone to have to wait one or two months after payment to receive goods... and damaged goods at that.

I certainly don't think Hiram Percy Maxim would condone your behavior, either.
rocketsci2001

Post by rocketsci2001 »

Mike,

Justin did not wait 2 months or even a month,

he sent the funds late and i was building his crate while on good faith for his money to arrive.

his shipment shipped late because he did not agree with shipping charges due to the increased weight of the crate and extra packing materials.

I was only a week late shipping it, he was informed why.

While i was at hospitol he hounded my wife and son day in and out.

When i came home he was complaining of the shipping weight as he did not really know what the radio weighed and did not like the weight I gave him on the radio alone.

he took someone elses word for the radio weight and felt i should eat the crate cost and extra shipping cost due to the packing requirements.

He has his radio and he collected the insurance on it alread.

I have his speaker ready to ship and i have his tubes gathered up he says he needs and I have a nc183d power transformer i just aquired at my cost to send to him.

So the rest of you need to stay out of this as I have shipped heavier radios over 20 years of being in antique radios and no problem to collectors who received them just fine and who payed the actual shipping.

he chose fed ex and the cheaper rates and said his company used them because they never damaged anything they sent or received.

bottom line is he was new to this field, refused advice, refused a different radio and said he wanted his radio when I offered him his money back.

now he has a busted radio but has collected more insurance from the shipper than he paid, so good luck to him with his good PROFIT MARGIN.

Also if you think my son and wife are inpartial , you could not be more wrong.
She told him she was sending his money back before it shipped since he wanted to crow about the shipping and he refused her offer.

he demanded the radio, it was what he wanted.

I offered him another radio and then a refund,

same answer from him.

again I have shipped 100 lb antique radios and they always arrived in mint shape.

He circumvented all wisdom and convention of my 20 years of shipping radios and interfered with my shipping and with all his demanding he got what he deserved.

He has the radio albeit broken and he has more than he paid for it to boot.

maybe the next radio he buys he will listen to the sellor about shipping.

Justin had never bought online before and did not really stop to think what shipping entailed in such a radio. At first I told him over and over local pickup only but he kept bugging me about it.

i laid the law down on shipping and he wanted it his way.
He got it.

My personal life and business life have no relevance here except I tell people I have so many treatments each week and I let them know when i have alot of appointments if my calender is full at time of inquiry of an item, if they go ahead and purchase the item I tell them approximately when It can ship when I can get it there.

So no one can say I need to quit selling.

Also my private life and my health are of no one heres concern unless you are buying. If you are I will tell you what day i can ship it.

So get a life you vultures and leave me alone. I have not done anyone wrong. I have been wronged by this forum.
rocketsci2001

Post by rocketsci2001 »

On second thought Since he collected the insurance and is flaming me here,

Its not a game and a few of the local hams who know me feel this posting here is wrong.

I think he should pay for the tubes, knob, transformer and the shipping since he collected the insurance and is flaming me here online.

before this libel i was going to do it for free my expense and let him keep all his insurance he collected.

but now with all this.
No more MR NICE GUY.

I have an attorney who I asked council and advice on this problem when he refused his money back , my council advised me to send him the goods (radio) anyway he wanted it shipped.

burden of damages being on him if he had the shipper ship it to him improperly to save money.

but when he collected insurance the deal was over, I wanted to send him the parts out of good will but it took me some time to get them together, same being late arriving in the mail here as well.

So I am not the only one with late arrivals.

I have been wronged and libeled here and have record of all the proceedings and will persue any further libel with vigor.

And any forum that does not remove it that allows it to post.

He will have his speaker.

the fact it is still here is my fault because my help stuck it in the corner to ship while I was at the hospitol and covered it with other shipping boxes. I hired the help so I take the blame for the help.

the rest he can buy with his insurance money.

Everyone should ask me what happened before posting here, too many people rush to judgement.

I myself have been took for over $600 in money and equipment by unscrupulous hams here on QTH and QRZ in the last year,

the last thing I wish is to cheat anyone as many times I have been cheated in 20 years. Mostly by HAMS.

Alot of hams are good people, and like anywhere else you get pompous, self rightouse ring knockers and sanctimonious individuals who think they are always right.

i am not perfect.

I shipped some radio parts, the guy was unhappy for 2 parts, he sent them back, I sent him some parts he wanted instead and gave him some spares to make up the shipping he incurred.

not that I shipped the wrong parts , he really admitted he ordered the wrong parts but changed his mind on the project and needed a few different parts.

He got them in SPADES.

and ON TIME
w5vj

Post by w5vj »

Having shipped a number of National receivers, I can assure you that a
NC 183 doesn't weigh more than 40 pounds soaking wet. To build a crate for one
would be unheard of.

Two boxes, bubble-wrap, plastic peanuts, and 20 minutes and it's ready to go to the shipper in an almost bullet-proof condition.

This thread is a laugh a minute.

I'm going to shut up before I get a letter from J. Noble Daggett.
kg4mlo

Re: you are being childish now

Post by kg4mlo »

rocketsci2001 wrote:W8JN,

Grow up and get some backbone and maturity and quit flaming others. You are not a true ham in any sense of the word I know of.

You are the kind of ham who would run a 1.5kw linear in a QSO party to squelch all the 100 watters trying to operate in a true sportsmanship manner with minimal power and interference

And you are the kind of ham who would tune up his radio on a contest channel and make noises in the mic like whistling and trying to make random wind sounds.

How many coaxes have you pinned just to be mean .

Have you ever offered to ELMER anyone or just doing things for your own self.
again
GROW UP.

Man, you don't know what you're asking for---W8JN getting some maturity!! :shock:
rocketsci2001

Post by rocketsci2001 »

To some , to crate is unheard of for an nc183d, but I always crate my radios that size and heavy, just policy on my part.

This comes down to my policy versus a stubborn young mans pursestrings.

I ship smaller radios including digital hf rigs all the time double wrapped and double boxed in HEAVY guage shipping cartons.

It broke because he made a poor decision to save money chose fedex to come and then demand it shipped when he was told it was still single boxed.

case closed
his call
his loss.
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Not going to say to much on this discussion but KK4CWA number one i'm personally always suspiscious of any one who brings out religion in there defense. Not that i'm not religious but from experience i say this.And finally Paul W8jn is as honest as they come and not afraid to speak his mind. Lastly the more you keep giving excuses the more guilty of wrong doing you or any one who does sounds.
Larry Huff K0pd
rocketsci2001

Post by rocketsci2001 »

Religion has not been brought forth,

to pray for one is not religion but a show of care one has for other people.

As for W8, You could be his family or best friend and be impartial so don't even go there on honesty.

My attorney is veiwing this site and all should just let it go.

I have better things to do with my life than listen to muck rakers.

You just keep coming back trying to get a rise out of me but I am no longer affected. and no longer need to make my case, i have made my case and if you do not trust my case that is your problem because in my heart I know I did all I could under the circumstances justin put me in.

Good day, nice life
w5vj

Post by w5vj »

I normally don't get involved in this type of discussion. However, Sean, I have a question for you.

Why did you offer to sell me an item on 5/9/12 and advertise to buy the same item
on the same day?

The response is from:

Name: sean ross
Callsign: KK4CWA
E-mail: rocketsci2001@hotmail.com

The response is:

I have a yk88s-1 price is $80 shipped.

--------------------------------------------------------
For your reference, here is a copy of the ad you are responding to:

Listing Number: 990648
Date Ad was Placed: 05/09/12
Name: Dan Davenport
Phone Number: E-MAIL ONLY
Callsign: W5VJ
Category: MISC
Heading: WTB YK88S-1 Kenwood plug-in filter
Ad Message:
Title says it all. If you have one to sell, please reply along with your delivered price. Thanks!

Click Here to Email -- Send this Ad to a Friend
RADIOHF - Wanted kenwood yk-88sn filter
I need a Yk88sn solder in filter for a ts430 and a yk88s-1 plug in filter for a ts450 also
Listing #990767 - Submitted on 05/09/12 by Callsign KK4CWA
Click Here to Email -- Send this Ad to a Friend
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Sean now that is funny saying Paul and i could be related. Oh well there you got a second response from me. As for the Religion comment why bring it up about praying for some one unless your saying in so many words look at me see i care i'm going to pray for you because i'm really a good religious person.Actions speak louder than words sir and W5vj asked a interesting question.
Larry Huff K0pd
kd8rhy

Post by kd8rhy »

rocketsci2001 wrote:kd8rhy

Who is the bigger fool then.

One who listens to both sides with an open mind to justice ?or one who is lead deaf and dumb by a blind fool like the one you are following ?

I will pray for you both at tonights church services.

Again, you are not hurting me at all.

You sadden me and hundreds of other hams with your poor behavior.

That hurts the whole ham community.
What ever meds your on you need the DR. to change them to something else.
I have never heard such babble in all my days.. :roll:
N9LCD

Post by N9LCD »

I've had experiences like KK4CWA's over proper packing and shipping. A lot of hams are CHEAP and don't want to pay for proper crating and insured shipping.

I had a "deal" (Hi, Hi) to sell a Racal RA1795 surveillance receiver and complete manual for $1,500. The receiver was to be double-boxed with double-walled boxes and foamed in place. At a minimum, commercial grade packing by a commercial crating service. The rig was to be shipped air freight, fully insured. It would cost more than FedEx ground or UPS, but it would be faster and safer, with less handling. The cost, $250.00. The tightwad wanted me to take the rig to a UPS store and have then pack and ship it. He figured $50 - $60 was enough for packing and shipping a 40 pound rack-mount receiver.

Seen on many restaurant menus: "NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WELL DONE STEAKS"

N9LCD

NOTE: This DOES NOT constitute an endorsement of KK4CWA's other business practices.