SCAMMER ALERT -- james_gary999@yahoo.com -- SCAMMER ALERT!

Discussion of ways to help ensure a safe trade, so you don't get ripped-off. Do not discuss individuals here. Use the Feedback Forum instead.
K9FI

SCAMMER ALERT -- james_gary999@yahoo.com -- SCAMMER ALERT!

Post by K9FI »

Here we go again with another SCAMMER:

"Thanks for the mail, i will like to see the pics if available.also the price is okay by me i will like to inform you that am having an associate in the state and that associate of mine that is owing some of amount($3,500)and is willing to issue out a verified cashier cheque on my behalf i will have to instruct him to issue out the cheque to you then you deduct the said amount and send the balance to my shipping agent that will handle the shipping, if this is okay by you i will like to have the following information in respect of receiving the cheque,to whom to address the cheque to,
full name,
full home address,
state,
city,
zipcode,
phone number,
cell phone number,
Now.hope the (802.11a/b/g goodies) is in g ood and better well cleaned up for pickup.
Regard."

BASTARD!
:evil: :!: :!: :!:
n5bsd

Same here :-s

Post by n5bsd »

Thanks for the mail, i will like to see the pics if available.also the price is okay by me i will like to inform you that am having an associate in the state and that associate of mine that is owing some of amount($4000)and is willing to issue out a verified cashier cheque on my behalf i will have to instruct him to issue out the cheque to you then you deduct the said amount and send the balance to my shipping agent that will handle the shipping, if this is okay by you i will like to have the following information in respect of receiving the cheque,to whom to address the cheque to,
full name,
full home address,
state,
city,
zipcode,
phone number,
cell phone number,
Now.hope the (IBM Thinkpad 600 and Acce) is in g ood and better well cleaned up for pickup.
Regard.

I have contacted EV1.Net, the ISP he went thru already, and sent a letter to the site admin here, hopefully we can get him blocked :(
what IP did he use when contacting you??

this is the one I have on him
In case this form is being abused, the IP address of the person
submitting this form is: 66.98.162.34

------------------------------------
John
N5BSD
www.N5BSD.Com
Linux user #286770
Machine # 246511
http://counter.li.org
-------------------------------------
K9FI

Post by K9FI »

Here's what I have...

from web61308.mail.yahoo.com (web61308.mail.yahoo.com [216.155.196.151])

from [81.199.84.130] by web61308.mail.yahoo.com via HTTP; Sat, 29 Jan 2005 16:48:03 PST

Message ID: <20050130004803.5450.qmail@web61308.mail.yahoo.com>

Will this help catch this prick?
n5bsd

The assinine fool

Post by n5bsd »

got a response from Scott, he banned him already.

the IP address I posted was from the original message,sent from the swap page, should be was down the message.

Sad to see this stuff come up :(
------------------------------------
John
N5BSD
www.N5BSD.Com
Linux user #286770
Machine # 246511
http://counter.li.org
-------------------------------------
K4ICL

A standard reply to "Third Party" scammers.

Post by K4ICL »

Rule: Accept ONLY CASH payment from any foreign buyer. Here is how.

Background: I have sold a few high dollar items to people in Italy and Russia (Moscow). In some cases, to avoid the high cost of transporting the items, the buyers requested I ship their new purchase to a New York forwarding company. These companies ship point-to-point bulk materials in containers at less cost to the customer.

How is one to know if the offer to buy is legitimate or a scam? Using the approach shown in the example email, below, it doesn’t matter. If the buyer is legitimate the deal will work. If the buyer is a scammer, you will not hear back from him.

Dear XXXX,

I accept your offer to buy my xxxx, however, I am unable to forward you any pictures of the unit. If you wish to purchase the xxxxx, please have your friend deposit the payment of $xxx.xx (Includes shipping within the USA) with the nearest Western Union Office and have the funds sent to:

Your Name
Your Address
USA

Please send me the Western Union transaction number by email. After I have received the proper payment, in cash, from my nearest Western Union Office I will ship the xxxxx to any USA address you provide.

Looking forward to hearing from you,

Regards,

XXXXXX
k3ich

A Great "SUB-Hobby"

Post by k3ich »

All these alerts about scammers are certainly messing up a new sub-hobby of mine, which is to collect as many of these bogus checks as possible. So far, I have about $30k worth. I was gonna list one on eBay for $20 but my daughter warned me that even if I clearly stated that the check was bogus, I would STILL be a party to passing a bad check, so I guess I'll just keep them as conversation pieces.

Play along, do whatever they want and when DHL or whatever delivers the "good-as-gold" cashiers check, break off the contact. It's fun to look at the checks with a magnifying glass too. An eight year-old with a $29 printer could make a better one. They're pathetic. You'd think they'd at least try to use a decent looking check. The only satisfaction you get out of all this is that it did in fact cost them quite a bit to "over-night" the checks. It would all be hilarious, except for the fact that I DO know someone who was take for six "large" plus his radio.
chloelly

Re: SCAMMER ALERT -- james_gary999@yahoo.com -- SCAMMER ALER

Post by chloelly »

Finding gold nugget can really come true when you are really willing to invest in it. Gold nugget metal detecting distinguishes itself from other kinds of treasure finding activity like relics hunting and coins shooting etc. It does not only require an efficient specialized metal gold detector, but also involves a lot of technical skills to operate it appropriately.