Yaesu's Latest Transceiver the FTdx3000

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
w4clm

Yaesu's Latest Transceiver the FTdx3000

Post by w4clm »

Yaesu's Latest and greatest for 2012
Visit us at the Fox Tango International FTdx3000 Users Group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Yaesu_FTd ... ers_Group/

The Radio FTdx3000 HF/50 MHz transceiver

Description: HF/50 Mhz 100 watt Transceiver Although the FTDX3000 has only one receiver, a high speed Spectrum Scope is
built into the radio. When in the Auto Mode, the Spectrum Scope display is updated in real time.
The Down conversion 9 MHz 1st IF frequency receiver construction, can realize narrow 300 Hz (optional), 600 Hz and 3 kHz bandwidth roofing filters. The 3.5-inch wide color LCD displays the operating information and the status of the transceiver functions, with high resolution (480 x 272 dots) on the screen. As of this date, May 19, 2012 the FT-DX3000 has NOT been approved by the FCC for
sale. Once the radio has received FCC approval and pricing has been announced,
you will be advised right here on the Fox Tango Users Group.

Thank you for your interest in the Yaesu Ftdx3000 and the Fox Tango Users group.

Regards
Carol Maher W4CLM
Club Admin Http://www.foxtango.org
Ed WA4NJY

Post by Ed WA4NJY »

I have to say that is a nice looking radio. Should be a winner for Yaesu.

Ed
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

I agree it is a sharp looking radio but once again the cost i'm sure will be prohibitive for most of us. I bet it will retail for around $2,000. As it looks to be a step up from the 950 class.
Larry Huff K0pd
Ed WA4NJY

Post by Ed WA4NJY »

I was thinking about $2K also. Which would be an OK price except for a few things that bother me about recent radios.

1. They are not made in Japan anymore.
2. Some manufacturers have a shorter window of support.
3. Odd-ball connectors.

If they offered a two year warranty, I might go for a new import rig. For now, I will use my Kenwood TS-450 and Drake TR-7. But, if an OMNI VII came available locally, I would go for that. Had one before.

Ed
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Never had the Omni 7 but did have a Orion 1 and i'm still kicking my self in the pants for letting it go. But so far my old trusty TS 930Sat, still will hang in there with most of the newer stuff. I just don't get that fired up over the radios anymore. Another thing about Yaesu is i've heard a lot of complaints over there warranty service.
Larry Huff K0pd
Ed WA4NJY

Post by Ed WA4NJY »

I wonder if the 3000 replaces the FT-950 in December, does Yaesu stop supporting the FT-950 two years later?

Ed
WZ1Y

Is there a picture of the new radio?

Post by WZ1Y »

Ed WA4NJY wrote:I wonder if the 3000 replaces the FT-950 in December, does Yaesu stop supporting the FT-950 two years later?

Ed
Hello, Ed , is there a picture of this new yaesu radio? whao now Yaesu with a new radio, kenwood and others things are heating up in the ham radio world... but prices keep going up and up...

oh well
miguel ad4y
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Miguel AD4Y to see a picture of it just click on the Fox Tango web site that W4CIM shows. And ED in this world of throw away electronics your probably right about 950 support if this new one does replace it. Of course it could replace the FT 2000 100 watt radio also.
Last edited by lhk0pd on Mon May 21, 2012 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Larry Huff K0pd
WZ1Y

Post by WZ1Y »

k0pd wrote:Miguel AD4Y to see a picture of it just click on the Fox Tango web site that W4CIM shows. And ED in this world of throw away electronics your probably right about 950 msupport if this new one does replace it. Of course it could replace the FT 2000 100 watt radio also.
thanks Larry I also got the brochure as well, looks like a winner for Yaesu

miguel ad4y
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Miguel how did you get the brochure as i would like one. Also the more i look at the picture of the radio i'm even more convinced it will replace the 950 as it still resembles it outside of the added visual changes such as the screen.
Larry Huff K0pd
WZ1Y

Post by WZ1Y »

k0pd wrote:Miguel how did you get the brochure as i would like one. Also the more i look at the picture of the radio i'm even more convinced it will replace the 950 as it still resembles it outside of the added visual changes such as the screen.
I saw it somewhere, let me see if I can put it on my website as a download option just go to: http://www.ad4y.net/download.html
then click on yaesu and it should be there, I will upload it... I found it on one of the bloogs ...

Miguel ad4y
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Miguel i tried to down load the brochure but a warning box comes up saying file is damaged and can not be repaired...
Larry Huff K0pd
WZ1Y

Post by WZ1Y »

k0pd wrote:Miguel i tried to down load the brochure but a warning box comes up saying file is damaged and can not be repaired...
Hello, Larry

humm, that is strange, I was uploading it last night and that was maybe why, try it again, if you can... else I will try to upload it again

maybe its too big, maybe I can just email it to you is your email on qrz.com good, let me know

miguel ad4y
WZ1Y

Post by WZ1Y »

k0pd wrote:Miguel i tried to down load the brochure but a warning box comes up saying file is damaged and can not be repaired...
ok, Larry I re-loaded the file and I put it in .zip format this time, hopefully you can download it now and the error should not appear. I try to email it to you but the email came back...

Miguel ad4y
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

Miguel it still will not down load it comes up with a box that says windows can not down load it and something about it being a improper address. My e mail address should be good on QRZ but here it is if you want to send it direct to me,....

lhk0pd@sbcglobal.net
Larry Huff K0pd
WZ1Y

Post by WZ1Y »

k0pd wrote:Miguel it still will not down load it comes up with a box that says windows can not down load it and something about it being a improper address. My e mail address should be good on QRZ but here it is if you want to send it direct to me,....

lhk0pd@sbcglobal.net
Hello, Larry

It was the file permissions, I guess the web site block them but you should be able to download now, but I will email it too..

miguel ad4y
K2HAT

HRO shows $2799. for FTDX3000

Post by K2HAT »

http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-011670

YAESU
FTDX3000D
HF+50 MHz 100 Watt Transceiver (DOWN CONVERSION RX)

HRO Discount Price: $2,799.95

Darn I was hoping it would be $1999.95

73 K2HAT Lee
K2HAT effective April 27, 2007
KC2RDG former call sign.

I live near Albany, NY USA :)
WZ1Y

Re: HRO shows $2799. for FTDX3000

Post by WZ1Y »

K2HAT wrote:http://www.hamradio.com/detail.cfm?pid=H0-011670

YAESU
FTDX3000D
HF+50 MHz 100 Watt Transceiver (DOWN CONVERSION RX)

HRO Discount Price: $2,799.95

Darn I was hoping it would be $1999.95

73 K2HAT Lee
Whao, $2, 799.95 basically $2,800 for the radio, I was told around $2,300 so the battle for the cheapest price will be begin when the radio hits the stores, but only the ham radio dealers that are willing to match the others will do business...

miguel ad4y
kd8rhy

Post by kd8rhy »

Ed WA4NJY wrote:I was thinking about $2K also. Which would be an OK price except for a few things that bother me about recent radios.

1. They are not made in Japan anymore.
2. Some manufacturers have a shorter window of support.
3. Odd-ball connectors.

If they offered a two year warranty, I might go for a new import rig. For now, I will use my Kenwood TS-450 and Drake TR-7. But, if an OMNI VII came available locally, I would go for that. Had one before.

Ed
Does anyone remember when you where a kid if it said made in Japan it was junk and poorly made. Wow have times changed. :)