Ad # 990050

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
Ed WA4NJY

Ad # 990050

Post by Ed WA4NJY »

That ad is listing items posted previously on QRZ.com. I sent money three weeks ago. He did send a USPS tracking number for delivery May 7th.

Stay tuned.

Ed
W4AIN

Post by W4AIN »

And the verdict is...?????
Ed WA4NJY

Ad # 990050

Post by Ed WA4NJY »

Good timing on your question. The package came today with most of what i was expecting except some needed antique tubes. They would not have survived the poor packing and the parcel post handling anyway.

I am going to put this whole thing in the Lesson Learned folder.

The antique parts that did arrive are in good shape. I may just clean and check them further and re-sell. Kinda lost heart for the regenerative radio project.

Ed
W4AIN

Post by W4AIN »

Thanks for the info.

It will come in handy if I ever happen to consider a deal with Sean Ross, KK4CWA.
It's a shame he didn't send all that was listed in the ad and that he used such poor packing and shipping techniques.
rocketsci2001

poor packaging/ missing parts

Post by rocketsci2001 »

My help mailed that and i am truly sorry for the poor packaging because I have evrything her to make the packing wrapped, boxed, place in pop corn in another box.

as for whats missing send me a list and I WILL DISPATCH IT TO YOU TOMMOROW.

I make a deal, I keep deal,

send me the list to my email with your addy and you WILL get the tubes if thats what missing. I really want you to have that project going and i really want to help you make it happen.

Sean Ross
KK4CWA
w8jn

Follow up

Post by w8jn »

Ed,
Let us know if Sean makes this transaction right.
Paul w8jn
rocketsci2001

Paul

Post by rocketsci2001 »

If I said i would make it right then i will make it right.

Now go and chat on your radio.
I am on my radio at 28.450 on USB every night at 8 pm est

I would love to chat with you sometimes

Do you garden?

We need to find some common ground and do something more worthy than bicker here

I am game if you are.
Sean
KK4CWA
W4AIN

Re: Paul

Post by W4AIN »

rocketsci2001 wrote:If I said i would make it right then i will make it right.

Now go and chat on your radio.
I am on my radio at 28.450 on USB every night at 8 pm est

I would love to chat with you sometimes

Do you garden?

We need to find some common ground and do something more worthy than bicker here

I am game if you are.
Sean
KK4CWA
Easy there, Sean!! No one is bickering here. Not yet, anyway.

I, for one, would be interested in finding out from the buyer if you held up your end of the bargain. You seem to have some items that I may be interested in purchasing.

I, nor anyone else here has said anything about you not making things right. But, if I had a quarter for every time that type of statement was made and not upheld I'd be a wealthy man, financially speaking.

If it is made right, then Ed can let us know and you have gained a feather in your hat which could go a long way in selling other items here on QTH.

Don't be so quick to accuse others of things that were not said or done.
rocketsci2001

Sorry to vent so much

Post by rocketsci2001 »

Sorry to make ohers think I was accusing them
I was up past my bedtime, had a terrible headache and pain from my medical problems and 1 guy taunting me.

Any way I sat MIA CULPA

Now I have his tubes in hand and and i am ready to ship them

I have another guy wanting the same set and I have it ready to ship

I do have a spark gap induction coil that makes a good jacobs ladder when you attach to wires to the upper binding post

too much stuff to list here email me with what you have in mind.

Sean Ross
KK4CWA
rocketsci2001

still no adress

Post by rocketsci2001 »

I do not keep adresses for long, my help did not record it and my email erased his addy as i have it on auto delete

please send me your addy so i can remitt those tubes.

KK4CWA
w8jn

Rocket Science

Post by w8jn »

Sean,
Really? Look up his call here and its just like magic. There is his address!
Paul w8jn
W4LTD

Re: still no adress

Post by W4LTD »

rocketsci2001 wrote:I do not keep adresses for long, my help did not record it and my email erased his addy as i have it on auto delete

please send me your addy so i can remitt those tubes.

KK4CWA
It seems as though everything is someone (or something) else's fault! :roll:
w8jn

arf arf

Post by w8jn »

The dog ate it
w7why

Re: still no adress

Post by w7why »

W4LTD wrote:It seems as though everything is someone (or something) else's fault!
It's George Bush's fault :-)
W3RXO

Post by W3RXO »

We live in a society, where society has lionized the "Victim" of anything. People are clamoring to be able to claim victim status, somewhere along the line. What ever happened to self-reliance, and rugged individualism? Whatever happened to personal responsibility? What ever happened to stepping up to the plate, and facing down the opposing pitcher (proverbially speaking, that is)?

Good grief! If our forefathers lived with the whiny @$$ed folks we do, our country would never have been founded. If Great Britain were made up of these kind of victims, there never would have been a Winston Churchill, it would have been Neville Chamberlain leading Europe, in WWII, and we'd all be speaking German. Thankfully, these folks, as popular as they seem, are more a figment of media hype, and most Americans do not fit that mold, though, they do tend to "feel" (Gawd, I hate that term) sorry, for the victims in our society.

So, I guess what I am saying is, it's society's fault! We're all victims....NOT!!!
If you don't love it leave it. Let this...be your warning, when you're running down my country man, you're walking on the fighting side of me.
Merle Haggard
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

W3RXO wrote:We live in a society, where society has lionized the "Victim" of anything. People are clamoring to be able to claim victim status, somewhere along the line. What ever happened to self-reliance, and rugged individualism? Whatever happened to personal responsibility? What ever happened to stepping up to the plate, and facing down the opposing pitcher (proverbially speaking, that is)?

Good grief! If our forefathers lived with the whiny @$$ed folks we do, our country would never have been founded. If Great Britain were made up of these kind of victims, there never would have been a Winston Churchill, it would have been Neville Chamberlain leading Europe, in WWII, and we'd all be speaking German. Thankfully, these folks, as popular as they seem, are more a figment of media hype, and most Americans do not fit that mold, though, they do tend to "feel" (Gawd, I hate that term) sorry, for the victims in our society.

So, I guess what I am saying is, it's society's fault! We're all victims....NOT!!!

I wish this forum had a "Like" button!