beware of ic 7800 listing

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
kd8rhy

beware of ic 7800 listing

Post by kd8rhy »

Listing for a ic 7800 and picture is of a ic 7600. The call sign on the array powermaster meter in the picture is of someone elses...
kd8rhy

Re: beware of ic 7800 listing

Post by kd8rhy »

kd8rhy wrote:Listing for a ic 7800 and picture is of a ic 7600. The call sign on the array powermaster meter in the picture is of someone elses...
already taken off.
w1wn

Post by w1wn »

I saw the same thing and posted on the ad section so that all could quickly see. The post was removed from there. No problem. If is saved someone from being scammed happy to do it. As always check the email address for the ham listing the equipment on qrz.com against the email address the ad directs you to.

Dave, w1wn
K9XR

I think it is a great idea

Post by K9XR »

I agree that posting in the ads section will give it the best, most, and fastest exposure. Believe it or not a lot of folks just don't read the Chat forums. Posing it as an ad will at least give us a Heads Up until a moderator can delete the phony ad. This is especially true late at night when most normal people are sleeping. I am starting to think that most of these Phony ads are placed late at night just for that reason.

w1wn wrote:I saw the same thing and posted on the ad section so that all could quickly see. The post was removed from there. No problem. If is saved someone from being scammed happy to do it. As always check the email address for the ham listing the equipment on qrz.com against the email address the ad directs you to.

Dave, w1wn
NM7L

Re: I think it is a great idea

Post by NM7L »

K9XR wrote:This is especially true late at night when most normal people are sleeping. I am starting to think that most of these Phony ads are placed late at night just for that reason.
...or it could be that it is the middle of the day where they reside, while it being the middle of the night here?

Just workin' the job...
"These floors are dirty as hell...and I'm not gonna take it anymore!"
- Stanley Spudowski
U-62 Custodial Lead
K9XR

Re: I think it is a great idea

Post by K9XR »

Yep, that thought crossed my mind also. All in a days work for a crook I guess.

NM7L wrote:
K9XR wrote:This is especially true late at night when most normal people are sleeping. I am starting to think that most of these Phony ads are placed late at night just for that reason.
...or it could be that it is the middle of the day where they reside, while it being the middle of the night here?

Just workin' the job...
kd8rhy

Post by kd8rhy »

i have had email contacts with this dude.. funny, he wants me to make a paypal payment..
K9XR

Re: 7800

Post by K9XR »

If you get cheated you most likely will get your money back, but it seems like quite a few red flags are up on this one. At least with PayPal you have a prayer, but with Western Union You know you can kiss your money Good Bye. Does he have a US email addess?

kd8rhy wrote:i have had email contacts with this dude.. funny, he wants me to make a paypal payment..