KC8ADU Delmar Crickmore, where is my power supply please?

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
W4AJF

Post by W4AJF »

On March 6th I sent Delmar Crickmore KC8ADU in New Lebanon, OH an FT-736R power supply for repair along with a check for $45.00. I had dealt with him before, he was slow at getting back to me then but that deal turned out OK. A couple of weeks after I had sent the power supply and check I e-mailed Delmar asking how it was going, he responded it would be done soon. Another week or so I e-mailed him again he said he received in the wrong parts and was awaiting for the correct ones. Maybe another week later I e-mailed him again, he said he received them and it would be ready shortly. Another week or so I e-mailed him again and he said he found another problem with the power supply but it was OK now and would be going out in a couple of days. Another week and I called and e-mailed him but no answer and have done so a few times but no answer. Does anyone know him, perhaps something happened to him? He seems like a real nice guy and I know we are not talking about a great deal of money but I would like what I paid for. Anyway, if anyone who knows him and can try to contact him another way perhaps or knows if something did happen to him?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Adam Farber W4AJF
Woodland Hills, CA 91364
adamf@eeco.com
W4AJF

Post by W4AJF »

Just a follow up, on May 7th, a week ago, I received this e-mail from Delmar Crickmore KC8ADU about my missing power supply:

"Been out of town and left phone at home sorry.
I packed up your power supply and it should have went out a while back.i will ask my help in the morning."

Anyway, I have never received the power supply and Delmore never got back to me as promised. I will continue to try to get my power supply and/or the money back. Will post if I have any success.

Thanks,

Adam Farber W4AJF
Woodland Hills, CA
W4AJF

Post by W4AJF »

Today I FINALLY received my power supply back. Delmar told me he sent it back on May 12th but it actually went out on May 19th, Priority Mail. Anyway, it's here so I am considering this resolved. It took way longer then it should have and could have been eliminated with some simple honest answers and Some communication.

Adam Farber W4AJF
Woodland Hills, CA
W4PIG

Post by W4PIG »

hi adam i know what you are talking about. it would be nice if traders would at least send a email and tell you what is going on with your items. it only takes a minute 73s
ke5oah

Post by ke5oah »

W4PIG wrote:hi adam i know what you are talking about. it would be nice if traders would at least send a email and tell you what is going on with your items. it only takes a minute 73s
Yes it would take some of the stress of getting ripped off out of your mind. Thats one of the problems i had with KD8MTU. Apparently he just don't care about responding to emails or calls on a trade after you have sent him your stuff,but if someone else wanting to buy from him then he cares to email them until they send the money anyway. People that trades and don't care about responding to emails or calls really don't need to be trading.
K9XR

KD8MTU?

Post by K9XR »

This is the third thread in which you have mentioned KD8MTU. You must have had a problem with him, Huh?

ke5oah wrote:
W4PIG wrote:hi adam i know what you are talking about. it would be nice if traders would at least send a email and tell you what is going on with your items. it only takes a minute 73s
Yes it would take some of the stress of getting ripped off out of your mind. Thats one of the problems i had with KD8MTU. Apparently he just don't care about responding to emails or calls on a trade after you have sent him your stuff,but if someone else wanting to buy from him then he cares to email them until they send the money anyway. People that trades and don't care about responding to emails or calls really don't need to be trading.
ke5oah

Re: KD8MTU?

Post by ke5oah »

K9XR wrote:This is the third thread in which you have mentioned KD8MTU. You must have had a problem with him, Huh?

ke5oah wrote:
Yes i do! I don't like to be flat out lied to. I caught him in a lie! Im out of shipping expence&trouble of getting my stuff back that i sent to him. He never shipped me anything&i really don't think he ever planned to. His excuse is he's busy or out of town is why he couldn't answer my emails or calls,but he could answer other people on this site that inquired about a rig he had listed. So that tells me that he's crooked in his dealings and from what his history is,im not the only one that thinks so either.