Another Scammer..The real G0RIF is not involved

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
KM5FL

Another Scammer..The real G0RIF is not involved

Post by KM5FL »

Just a heads up.. I have a WTB ad on ths site and a person claiming to be Dean Barnes G0RIF replied claiming to have the component. Since the person's emaill address didn't match the one listed on the QRZ database coupled with all the scammers hijacking UK callsigns, I figured I'd better check.. Sure enough, the real G0RIF wasn't the person contacting me..

EDIT: I think everybody should know this scumbag's email address. The one he's currently using is nodecafff@gmail.com

Please, anyone receiving a reply from anyone claiming UK callsign, check the validity before you do any business with that person. It's a real shame that we have to scrutinize before we enter into a business deal with the fine folks across the pond..

Nick, KM5FL
N8ERM

Recieved this today.

Post by N8ERM »

--- On Thu, 4/26/12, Dean G0RIF <no> wrote:

Subject: RE: QTH.COM Ad -- WTB, IC-7000 W/SEP KIT...
To: "Terry N8ERM" <n8erm>
Cc: "Dean G0RIF" <nodecafff>
Date: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 11:43 AM

Dear Terry N8ERM,

You have received a response to your ad, titled "WTB, IC-7000 W/SEP KIT", that you have running on the QTH.COM Free Ham Radio Classified Ads.

BEFORE GOING ANY FURTHER, you are highly encouraged to:
1) Read our Safe Trading Tips at http://tips.qth.com.
2) Check our Feedback Forum at http://feedback.qth.com to see if the person you are about to deal with has any good or bad feedback from previous dealings.

The response is from:

Name: Dean
Callsign: G0RIF
E-mail: nodecafff@gmail.com

The response is:

Hello
I have Icom-IC-7000 for sale.
http://www.hamkey.com/category/216/TRAN ... -7000.html
Dean

--------------------------------------------------------
For your reference, here is a copy of the ad you are responding to:

Listing Number: 987779
Date Ad was Placed: 04/26/12
Name: Terry
Phone Number: 517-882-5219
Callsign: N8ERM
Category: RADIOHF
Heading: WTB, IC-7000 W/SEP KIT
Ad Message:
I am willing to pay $900.00 paypal for this radio including shipping to my QTH. it MUST be in great condition, come with OEM shipping container and not been near tobacco smoke. It must also have the separation kit also.
Terry N8ERM