Drake TR-7

Let others help you to determine what a piece of equipment is worth, before you put it up for sale.
jeep96

Drake TR-7

Post by jeep96 »

I have a Drake TR-7 that I want to sell. The cabinet is black with several nicks and scratches, the face of the radio is fine. It has a noise blanker, four filters,( 300HZ, 1800HZ, 2300HZ, and a modified AM filter), the FA-7 cooling fan, and The Aux-7 board with modules for the VLF frequencies, The WARC frequencies, and the complete 27MHZ band. The rig works fine, its a spare that I want to sell to buy other toys. No manual or power supply comes with it. What would be a fair asking price? Tnx Mike K3MKB
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

Hmmm... 27 Mhz?

- Scott KA9FOX
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com
jeep96

drake TR-7

Post by jeep96 »

Why not Hmmm for the VLF frequencies?
W0LPQ

TR-7

Post by W0LPQ »

I don't believe the TR-7 will transmit VLF, however, it will on 27Mc. That power is illegal on 11M, period.

Many people receive VLF, whether for the low power airport beacons and/or CW practice. What CW practice do you find on 11M. Not a bad VLF receiver either.

Bill, W0LPQ
jeep96

TR-7

Post by jeep96 »

It would appear that the fact I put the 27MHZ band on the AUX-7 board has taken on a life of its own! As you may be aware, they no longer make the modules for the board, so I used IN914 diodes to program the frequencies. The obvious ones were the WARC bands and the VLF frequencies. Wondering how to fill the remainder of the board, I chose the 27 MHZ band. I passed through there many years ago and it was that experience that created the incentive to get my ticket. An occassional monitoring of that band makes you really appreciate your amateur status. To jeapordize your ticket by transmitting on the frequency would be asking for trouble, let alone ridculous. The rig has been sold TO ANOTHER AMATEUR who I would hope appreciates his status and not abuse what he is getting. Thanks for the input and best 73. Mike K3MKB
KA9FOX
Site Admin

Post by KA9FOX »

Hi Mike! Yeah, the 27Mhz thing made me raise my eyebrows a little...I know the FCC has taken a dim view of dual-use CB/Ham rigs. Certainly selling it to another ham was the right thing to do, so it stays in good hands. :)

73 - Scott KA9FOX
Free Ham Radio Classified Ads: https://swap.QTH.com