hf mobile installation help needed

Just what it says -- this is the place for any discussions not related to Buying, Selling and Trading ham gear. The discussion must be related to Ham Radio.
ki4bsq

hf mobile installation help needed

Post by ki4bsq »

i have a 2001 dodge ram quad cab truck and would like to install a mobile rig how ever if i can i would like to avoid drilling into the exterior of the body for now i plan on using ham sticks untill i can afford a screwdriver antenna a mag mount on the roof for the ham sticks isnt practical due to the height of my truck already any ideas would be great thanks and 73s ki4bsq mike
wa4cch

Re: hf mobile installation help needed

Post by wa4cch »

ki4bsq wrote:i have a 2001 dodge ram quad cab truck and would like to install a mobile rig how ever if i can i would like to avoid drilling into the exterior of the body for now i plan on using ham sticks untill i can afford a screwdriver antenna a mag mount on the roof for the ham sticks isnt practical due to the height of my truck already any ideas would be great thanks and 73s ki4bsq mike
:P

stake mount for truck bed fits in hole on bed about 19.95 from buxcom
also there is a mount that fits on the trailor hitch for starters

73 chuck
kb0usy

Re: hf mobile installation help needed

Post by kb0usy »

ki4bsq wrote:i have a 2001 dodge ram quad cab truck and would like to install a mobile rig how ever if i can i would like to avoid drilling into the exterior of the body for now i plan on using ham sticks untill i can afford a screwdriver antenna a mag mount on the roof for the ham sticks isnt practical due to the height of my truck already any ideas would be great thanks and 73s ki4bsq mike

Drill a hole in it.Mount the antenna.Plus if a ham buys your truck when
your done with it you say it already has a hole to mount your antenna.Go to www.w8ji.com and look at the Ford psd noise issue.
Steve