SCAMMER using W9ZR call

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
localizer01

SCAMMER using W9ZR call

Post by localizer01 »

:cry: SCAMMER - BEWARE. Someone has used W9ZR's call to rip me off on this web site. If you are ever to buy something from W9ZR, please be sure you are dealing with him and not the scammer. Randy is a good guy, but scammer is a piece of crap.
Thanks and take care,
Jim (WA2FAA)
K9XR

NOT GOOD

Post by K9XR »

IT REALLY sucks when people pulling off this kind of stuff. I don't know what kind of payment the scammer wanted but in My opinion PayPal at least offers some kind of protection from scammers especially if you use a credit card with your paypal account. If PayPal won't pay you back, the credit card company will and I have never been let down yet.

There are two things in my mind that usually point to a scammer. They are refusing to take PayPal and if the price seems a little too good to be true. There are more and more of these Idiots lurking on this and other Ham sites so it is getting tougher and tougher to get a safe deal. For some reason the scammers usually are using British Call Signs even though the Scammer may be in a different part of the world.

I hope you are able to recover whatever you lost. Good Luck.
K9XR

What????

Post by K9XR »

Now I can't say "sucks"? Somebody ought to do a search and explain why countless others are allowed to so I don't think I'm being singled out for no reason!
W4LTD

Post by W4LTD »

The word "SUCKS" is fine, but you can't say "CLOWN" anymore...
K9XR

Thanks

Post by K9XR »

Yep, That's what I thought. XXXXX is Banned!

W4LTD wrote:The word "SUCKS" is fine, but you can't say "CLOWN" anymore...