PayPal fees

This is the place to discuss the QTH.com Classifieds (http://swap.qth.com). Please be constructive.
W4YG.Clarence

PayPal fees

Post by W4YG.Clarence »

If the only method of payment you will accept is PayPal, then you should not expect the buyer to pay your PayPal seller's fee. A seller's fee is just that, and it against PayPal's rules to for the seller to add this fee to the price of the item for sale. If you cannot be trusted to follow Paypal's rules, then how can you be trusted here to truthfully describe the equipment you are trying to sell? Just my two cents. Clarence, W4YG.
K9XR

Re: PayPal fees

Post by K9XR »

My favorites are the guys that say: "PayPal Preferred, but you pay the fees".

W4YG.Clarence wrote:If the only method of payment you will accept is PayPal, then you should not expect the buyer to pay your PayPal seller's fee. A seller's fee is just that, and it against PayPal's rules to for the seller to add this fee to the price of the item for sale. If you cannot be trusted to follow Paypal's rules, then how can you be trusted here to truthfully describe the equipment you are trying to sell? Just my two cents. Clarence, W4YG.
K4ICL

The is no need to worry about PayPal Fees!

Post by K4ICL »

There is no need to pay PayPal fees.

If you buy a item from someone, you owe that person a debt.

If you want to pay with PayPal, do this:
  • Log on to your PayPal account.
    Click on SEND MONEY
    Click on Personal
    Click on Payment Owed
Complete processing the transaction:

NO FEES for EITHER PARTY. CHECK IT OUT...
K9XR

Re: The is no need to worry about PayPal Fees!

Post by K9XR »

That Method only works if you have the cash in your PayPal account. It will not work if you want to use a credit card. With this method there is absolutely no protection from PayPal for either the Buyer or Seller.

Twice I have been screwed by a PayPal Dispute for pretty big bucks (over $2k both times). Both times I was able to recover my money from PayPal through a Charge-Back that my Credit Card Company placed against PayPal. I am pretty convinced that the Credit Card Companies keep PayPal honest to a certain degree.

Just Recently I bought a radio from a guy in California. The Post Office said they delivered it here but they never did. PayPal said they had proof that it was delivered to me. I said "show me your proof". They said it was delivered to my ZipCode. I told them I wasn't disputing that it may have been delivered to my Zip Code, But it was never delivered to my house. After a bunch iof crap back and forth they finally agreed to give me my money back, but I had to sign a statement saying I never got it.

I am sure the reason most users use PayPal is for the added security, even though sometimes you might have to fight for it.

K4ICL wrote:There is no need to pay PayPal fees.

Click on SEND MONEY
    Click on Personal
    Click on Payment Owed

WA9Z

paypal fees with hams

Post by WA9Z »

Paypal fees have saved me money. The few times I've been deceived have turned out to be unpleasant for the deceiver.
That paypal "fee" buys you "not as described" insurance. Just report it, box it back up, give paypal the tracking number, and wah-lah, your money is back in the account.
The ones crying loudest about paypals "over-reaching" policies, tend to be ones polluting the listings with exaggerated descriptions for salvage junk.
If I don't know, or know of ones favorable reputation, rest assured, I will gladly "pay the fees" and let the burden of proof remain on the seller.
If you choose to gift or owe the money method through paypal to circumvent the fees, you effectively opt out of Paypal's services.
Paypal is also FREE for receiving money, that requires no more computer proficiency to set up than does the literacy required to view this message. Why one would expect free and instantaneous global advertisement, yet expect me to perform some archaic procedure to react on it, is another red flag that prompts me to keep moving. Cheers, Jim WA9Z
W3RXO

Re: The is no need to worry about PayPal Fees!

Post by W3RXO »

K4ICL wrote:There is no need to pay PayPal fees.

Click on SEND MONEY
    Click on Personal
    Click on Payment Owed

IF, you use that method, you have no recourse, to dispute the payment. While it is a good method, for sending money to a family member, for some purpose, it is not a good idea, for purchases from people whom you do not know.
Furthermore, PayPal is offering a service, and part of that service, is affording you some recourse, should you have a bad deal. That's a service for which they deserve to make a profit. When you add in the fact that you can use PayPal, as a "Non-Business" entity, to accept a credit card payment, I do not believe their fees are at all out of line. If you don't like the PayPal fees, then increase your price, by 3.5%, and you'll get all that you really want, plus a few more cents. But, don't use a service, and then complain about paying a fair fee, for that service. That's tantamount to going to your local Hardware Superstore, buying a length of pipe, and expecting the local mom & pop hardware store, to cut and thread that pipe, for free. They deserve to be paid for their time, trouble, electricity, cost of equipment, etc, etc.
If anyone out there owns a business, how would you feel if someone used your services, then decided to not pay for your costs?
If you don't love it leave it. Let this...be your warning, when you're running down my country man, you're walking on the fighting side of me.
Merle Haggard