RADIO-MART SALES & SERVICE

Share information regarding your recently completed deals with other ham operators. ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with the transaction can post in this forum. If you have a report of a scam by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead.
Forum rules
As of Dec 9, 2013: ONLY BUYERS AND SELLERS directly involved with a transaction can post here. Do not post replies in any topic if you are not the buyer or seller in the transaction being discussed! If you believe you can help the buyer or seller, please use the Private Message system to communicate with them. NOTE: if you have been scammed by someone pretending to be a ham, please post in the Scammer Reports forum instead. See viewtopic.php?f=2&t=136 for additional rules.
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

K9RLB.

Thank you for the nice posting here.

Let me ask you this, did you complain to me ONCE either by email or by Phone to let me know you were not satisfied with the switch we sent you?

NO

Then why did you not contact me to let me know you had an issue so I could have offered you a solution ???

No you had pleanty of time to put a report on here though didnt you?

Send it back for a full refund incouding shipping if your not happy.

But to be fair you should have contacted me first and you didnt have the courtesy to even do that did you, at least I can see how you are now.
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

But Martyn wait...it must all be a big misunderstanding right ?

You "fully test" everything you sell right ?

Hey K9RLB, lucky you are not overseas !
K4TEC

Post by K4TEC »

Darrell, why am I not surprised...
Darrell, if some thing you buy is not right would you contact the seller first and give him an oppertunity to put an issue right or would you just post a bunch of crap on here behind the sellers back?
K1KBW

Post by K1KBW »

I MADE A GREAT DEAL ON RADIOMART, MARYTN WENT OUT OF HIS WAY TO LOCATE, BUY, AND SEND ME AN AM FILTER FREE OF CHARGE TO COMPLETE THE RADIO I PURCHACED FROM HIM. " A TRUE MAN OF HIS WORD"
AH6RR

Post by AH6RR »

K4TEC wrote:K9RLB.

Let me ask you this, did you complain to me ONCE either by email or by Phone to let me know you were not satisfied with the switch we sent you?

NO

Then why did you not contact me to let me know you had an issue so I could have offered you a solution ???

But to be fair you should have contacted me first and you didnt have the courtesy to even do that did you, at least I can see how you are now.
Well Mr. Martyn you seem to like not answering questions that are directly related to you unethical way of doing transactions plus you cant even spell. Please Answer the Questions on why you did shill bidding, why just about everything you buy is either damaged in shipping to you or it is junk and you want a partial refund, why most of what you sell is nothing as you describe it as? You even sell junk antenna switches man that's about as low as I have ever seen buy it for 25 cents and sell it for 55 bucks as "Nicest I have seen with out being new" From my personal collection' or best yet "New in the box"
One of these days Mr. Martyn your going to screw over one of the 'Good Ole Boy's' there from the south and end up on the wrong side of a Remington 870. But I would rather see you in a prison cell, just don't drop the soap.
RFC558

Post by RFC558 »

*your*
Well Mr. Martyn you seem to like not answering questions that are directly related to you unethical way of doing transactions plus you cant even spell.
K4RYR

Give the guy a break!!

Post by K4RYR »

[b]Don't necessarily believe everything you read from disgurntled hams that couldn't be pleased no matter what you did for them. I find Martyn to be an honorable business man in spite of what some of the weird ham community says about him.[color=red][/color][size=18][/size] :D :D [/b]
R4RT

Post by R4RT »

K4TEC wrote:K9RLB.

NO

I have not helped either arrangement:

>> -----Original Message-----
>> Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 11:57 AM
>> To: Martyn
>> Subject: RE: Icom IC-7000
>>
>> Ok!
>> Tomorrow or the day after I send a parcel.
>> I would like to get a refund.
>> Please let us know your mailing address.
>>
>> Alex
>>
>>
>>> Alex I have no problem having the 7000 back for refund or exchange
>>> Back to you

>>>
>>> Best 73s
>>> Martyn (K4TEC)
>>> www.radio-mart.net
>>>
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:12 AM
>>> To: Martyn
>>> Subject: RE: Icom IC-7000
>>>
>>> Dear Martyn!
>>>
>>> Unfortunately I am forced to ask for the return of the goods as not
>>> conforming to the description.If it is easy to say it is not decent.
>>> All the inconsistencies I have described in previous reports and
>>> shown in the photo.
>>> Under the description "like new" hits only the top cover the radio.
>>> The transceiver requires a repair, I believe that the replacement
>>> speaker.
>>> If I wanted the transceiver in such a condition could buy on the
>>> website eBay is much cheaper!!!!!
>>> Accordingly, I would like to get back all the money spent related to
>>> the purchase and shipment both ways.

>>>
>>> Alex
>>>
>>>> The bail arm system I will order right now from Icom
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Best 73s
>>>> Martyn (K4TEC)
>>>> www.radio-mart.net
>>>>
73! Alex
AH6RR

Re: Give the guy a break!!

Post by AH6RR »

K4RYR wrote:Don't necessarily believe everything you read from disgurntled hams that couldn't be pleased no matter what you did for them. I find Martyn to be an honorable business man in spite of what some of the weird ham community says about him. :D :D
Like his neck!!! He might have changed his ways somewhat but once a Rip always a Rip. After I sold Mr. Martyn all that Collins gear I read some of the horror stories from buyers and sellers alike and said to myself "Holy Sheep Dip" then after a week of the gear being delivered to him I get a email from him threating that he was going to cancel the PayPal transaction and ship all the gear back I said fine but you pay for shipping both ways. He is the one who set the price by looking at a bunch of pictures and a detailed description of the gear. Then he demanded 1500 dollars back and when I said pack it up and ship it back on his dime he shut up. He is the one who offered the money for it all I had the gear on eBay and one of the radios was up to over $500 already he wanted me to close all the auctions so he could have the lot and I did that for him. I have over 500 transactions on eBay and Have a seller and buyer feedback of 100% I am sorry I closed the auctions now because I could have made more money if I let them run. I give a very good decription of everything I sell there in fact I under rate them for the most part if it is a true 9 out of 10 I will rate it at a 7.5 or 8 that way the buyer always is happy.
hpadron

Martyn is a good guy

Post by hpadron »

Preview
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:01 pm Post subject: Martyn is a good guy
Darn,this has become worst than the gladiators fighting lions at Rome.
I have been dealing with Martyn since he used to sell on ebay and now at qth and he NEVER made me a bad deal,when he said a radio was good it was good when it arrived,when he said it has a scratch,it had that at arriving,I never had to complain him for any issue,today after he is dealing on qth,we had done couple of deals with me and we both were pleased with the transactions.When he wants to buy something,he pays very fast and he doesn't discuss much your price,he just pay.When he sells he negoaciate the price with you decently to come to mutual confortable terms.
Some guys here wants to burn him in flames as the spaniards did to the indians, I wonder if there is some envy because he is making good money.
Martyn,you still are in my list of good radio dealer no matter how much trash is been said.Period.
n2gbt

Re: Martyn is a good guy

Post by n2gbt »

hpadron wrote:Preview
Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:01 pm Post subject: Martyn is a good guy
Darn,this has become worst than the gladiators fighting lions at Rome.
I have been dealing with Martyn since he used to sell on ebay and now at qth and he NEVER made me a bad deal,when he said a radio was good it was good when it arrived,when he said it has a scratch,it had that at arriving,I never had to complain him for any issue,today after he is dealing on qth,we had done couple of deals with me and we both were pleased with the transactions.When he wants to buy something,he pays very fast and he doesn't discuss much your price,he just pay.When he sells he negoaciate the price with you decently to come to mutual confortable terms.
Some guys here wants to burn him in flames as the spaniards did to the indians, I wonder if there is some envy because he is making good money.
Martyn,you still are in my list of good radio dealer no matter how much trash is been said.Period.
I think its time for another area in the feedback forum
Lets call it the Crucifixion Forum

If you have feedback to leave by all means keep it here- but for those we want to crucify- a seperate forum would be nicer
w9cin

Post by w9cin »

I have read these stories, on and off for a few years
I think that when you move as many items as Marytn does
your unfortunaly going to have some unhapy customers.
bound to happen.
I am alwawy buying, selling and trading this and that
I and a good friend of mine have had exlent results with Martyn.
He has treated my friend and myself with exlent results.
all i can say is ,it has been good for me.
Thanks
"Rich"
kd8rhy

beating a dead horse

Post by kd8rhy »

isnt this guy (radio mart) a paying sponsor on this site?
put this thread to bed... good day..
n2gbt

Re: beating a dead horse

Post by n2gbt »

kd8rhy wrote:isnt this guy (radio mart) a paying sponsor on this site?
\ Amen. Ive always had a good relationship with him- Time for this thread to die a happy death
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

Then why did Martyn have yiur IP address blocked from his site Last July? It seems to me that a good relationship wouldn't warrant that kind of action.

Sometimes you cheerleaders try a little too hard. You keep saying the thread should die, but this kind of BS keeps it VERY ALIVE.

n2gbt wrote:
\ Amen. Ive always had a good relationship with him- Time for this thread to die a happy death
lhk0pd

Post by lhk0pd »

One thing for sure is that it seems when ever a thread is started about Martyn it always gets plenty of results. The last time i looked which was quite some time ago on E Ham a thread on him was well over 300 pages.
Larry Huff K0pd
kd8rhy

Post by kd8rhy »

K9XR wrote:Then why did Martyn have yiur IP address blocked from his site Last July? It seems to me that a good relationship wouldn't warrant that kind of action.

Sometimes you cheerleaders try a little too hard. You keep saying the thread should die, but this kind of BS keeps it VERY ALIVE.

n2gbt wrote:
Cheerleaders??? You are just one very unhappy ham..Always thowing around insults. Bet you keep the kids ball if it comes in your yard..I know the type..
K9XR

Post by K9XR »

Just out of curiosity have you ever dealt with Radio-mart or has he written anything about you on this forum?

It seems to me whenever this topic is pretty much "status quo" somebody with very few posts comes on here and starts a new thread that tells everybody about his wonderful experience and that everybody else is wrong. It is bound to attract posts from folks with differing opinions. I've been saying for a long time if people just leave this alone it will go away, but it kind of rubs me the wrong way when somebody with no experience tries to tell us when it's over.

kd8rhy wrote:
Cheerleaders??? You are just one very unhappy ham..Always thowing around insults. Bet you keep the kids ball if it comes in your yard..I know the type..[/quote wrote:
WB6VHK

Post by WB6VHK »

w9cin wrote:I have read these stories, on and off for a few years
I think that when you move as many items as Marytn does
your unfortunaly going to have some unhapy customers.
bound to happen.
I am alwawy buying, selling and trading this and that
I and a good friend of mine have had exlent results with Martyn.
He has treated my friend and myself with exlent results.
all i can say is ,it has been good for me.
Thanks
"Rich"
A few people try to defend Martyn saying "when you move as many items as Martyn does" or "due to the volume of his sales", etc.....This is xx, pure xx.

Has anyone ever noticed Martyn seems prone to wild exaggeration with just about everything he says ?

He claims to have given ebay "over 11,000,000 is sales" over the last ten years.....??? I doubt it came anywhere near 1,000,000. dollars.

In another thread ( somewhere around here ) he claims that since leaving ebay ( why ? ) he has had over 6000 sales in the last year......I doubt it VERY much.

I think in the last year his sales are down 80% . If you look at his "sister company" ilove2cell ( the spare parts division in his other bedroom ) he has attained the lofty feedback rating of 20 .....and already 2 negatives!

"best ever offered" , "like new" , "new in the box" , etc.....

At least "ts944" never seemed to complain !